I remember the biggest complaint of the Resident evil 2 remake is they are deprived of a classic mode, a mode that plays like the original game. Well Final Fantasy 7 will not be deprived of that option! The Battle system of Final Fantasy 7 remake will be more similar to Final Fantasy XV but people who prefers the classic menu based combat system and turn based system from the original game will have that option! It is an unlockable though but that will give the game a replay value since you can play it with both modern and classic style of gameplay!!! This is how you will United 2 generations of players! This must be the best remake ever because even though its marketed for a modern audience, it will not alienate the older fanbase!

This is a great news for old school fans who doesn't like the modern fighting system. This will unify many generations and the new and old school can also have a second experience with the other mode.

So the classic mode will be an unlockable? You have to finish the game first with the new system before you can play classic style. Well, I don't mind because that will give me 2 different experiences.

Mai

I wish classic mode is playable from the get go. Oh well Who am I to be picky? Not really a fan of FFXV combat system but I understand that I have to adapt to modern times. At least I still have the option for the classic mode but I have to work hard for it and unlock it so I can eventually enjoy it after my first playthrough,

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah other remakes don't have a classic mode and they even remove the best features of the original in favor of modern graphics. I know many people say Resident evil 3 will be the remake of the year but no It will be Final Fantasy 7 because it will satisfy a divided fanbase instead of tear it a part in favor of a newer and younger one.

It's like having 2 games in 1 disk since we have to available systems that will give us 2 different experiences with the same story.

This gives me a reason to finish the game twice because the replay value is amazing for both old and new players. The other remakes disrespects the older players.