When you are looking at the best Final Fantasy games if you are not picky about graphics, I would say that Final Fantasy 6 is the most complete with best plot, villains, characters etc. Personally, I wouldn't want anything to be changed in the game except it's graphics.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
I think FFXV is pretty much done already. It already meet my expectation so i don't wish to change anything about it. It already with its current version.

I believe that you have made a very good point about this issue. Final Fantasy XV is already done and dusted, so therefore it's better to look forward to the next series we are going to see from the developers. What I think we can add is what we look forward to seeing in the next game.

I think Final Fantasy 15 goes against tradition by having a lack of core female characters in it- so they could add some female characters to these highway travellers. This is quite unnatural for Final Fantasy games though-because they do come with more female fighters usually. They do meet some female characters on the road while traveling though in Final Fantasy 15.

The Nvidia Game works are pretty awesome. This is a substantial addition to an already impressive luminous studio engine. Nvidia bring voxel-based ambient occlusion (VXAO), Turfworks(bettergrass) Hairworks(lustrous manes on animals life), Shadow libs( better shadows) to the graphics menu offering several ways to pile an extra fidelity on top of what the console versions can do. Those effects should never be touched. lol.

There are other tweaks, too, the improved flame and tessellation effects. It is a demanding on suite for any rig if you plan on enabling hem all at once, but the visual benefits are pronounced.

Nvidia Gameworks effects are a disaster. There is too much of a performance impact for how little they improve the game visually.
These are implemented into various games simply to cripple competing AMD cards.
FFXV does have the best graphics in the series to date, but I have a feeling the devs aimed for more but couldn't deliver due to relatively weak console hardware.

That is the issue with the top games sometimes, they require so much from the computers that we need to invest a lot of money to have the best gaming experience. Of course, it's worth it! :D

I agree with @Folk Artist. Even though this game is supposed to focus on Noctis' squad, there should be additional female characters aside from Luna that do other big roles.

Aside from that, I can't think of other features that need that much change.

If by change if OP means need to connect proper timelines and story gaps. Then that should be done. And lot of questions need to be answered. So that way more and more people can relate with the story of FF15. But I'd guess there needs to be reboot or sequel for that.