After two days I am sure your Final Fantasy friends have said a thing or two about Final Fantasy. Not only that, Dissidia NT is receiving so little reviews with other significant launches that just broke the horizon. If you are here, I am sure you are here for two reasons, to figure out if you should buy Dissidia NT, or to figure out another individual opinion on the game. I am going to address both of those reasons below.

For starters, this game has incredible potential, but that's just the problem, potential. Some glaring issues have faced the release of the game that can make or break this purchase for you. I am not just here to bash the game; I will talk about the good, the bad, and the ugly. For the sake of this review, I will start from the Ugly, and work my way back to the good.

Ugly

Multiplayer Oriented NT is strictly multiplayer oriented. Not to say games can't be a good game that focuses on multiplayer, but the limited amount of things to do in a $60 purchase (£54.99) is offensive. The story (including cutscenes) cannot be unlocked without earning Memoria, which can only be obtained by increasing in Player Level. Granted, the player can play against the AI, but the experience is not as enjoyable.

Day One Lag For a game that is multiplayer oriented, NT faced severe Lag issues upon release date. Granted, Square Enix responded to this issue the day after release, so the lagging has dropped. Now and then I faced a lag spike in battle, but it wasn't harmful.

Bad

Character Balance I'm not here to say that the game is broken to unplayability, but certain Characters almost guarantee a "W" for you or the enemies team. When playing NT, you are permanently locked onto enemy characters or crystals. Crystals are used to fill up your summoning bar so that you can summon monsters to help aid your team in battle. I explained this to say, Noctis and Kain have this ability that warps them into an attack that can severely damage your health. This warp attack will automatically lock you on to another player. Once people caught wind of this, they have been spamming this attack which offsets your whole gameplay. Your screen is just going everywhere trying to lock onto the Noctis/Kain while running away.

I would also like to address Ace. Ace has an ability that allows him to cast a tornado, from which he could stand in the center of it. As a ranged character, this becomes overpowered. Ace stays in his whirlwind and spams ranged attacks. This tornado ability wouldn't be an issue for a close combat character, it would force them into combat at times, but making this with a ranged character is a bad call.

Good

Gameplay When the game does not lag, and you are not facing overpowered/broken characters. The game can be incredibly fun, even with a loss. It makes out for superhuman combat that can go back and forth. It's an adrenalin rush and its fun. Now, some people have complained about the comparison lack from the original Dissidia's compared to NT. I honestly believe that this is an unfair comparison. The original Dissidia titles were made to have a long story. The limitations with NT seem to be for multiplayer purposes, and I think the developers tried to make it this way.

Graphics Enough said. This game is beautiful, and I believe that text isn't going to do it much justice. Watch a youtube video, look at some screenshots. Heck, I have uploaded post here on Reddit you can watch.

Should You Buy the Game?

No If you don't have online capabilities, the only reason to get the game is for NT's story. The story is mediocre, but if you need to know the story, here are two options:

1) Buy the game when its cheaper

2) Watch it on Youtube

Yes If you can get past the current issues with the game, and you feel comfortable with the price, get it! It's honestly a good game, and I believe the Developers are doing their best to fix the current issues with the game. As stated earlier Square Enix is fixing that lag problem as quickly as they can, so I believe they will be haste to correct the character imbalance. Don't just take my word for it though, if you are a skeptical person, stay skeptical. The developers have not fixed these characters yet, and we don't know how long that will take.

This is just my early review! I hope to post another one when some of the current issues are fixed. With all this said, what do you guys think? Do you think you will be buying Dissidia NT? Have you bought it already? What are some things that need to be fixed? What are some of the things you love? PLEASE comment below, and thank you for reading.

Administrator
Staff member
The game have a growing e-sports community and the competition for people who wants to pursue e-sports will be better for this one compared to Tekken 7,Street Fighter V and Dragonball Fighterz.

This game also gives you the option to make your ultimate dream teams or have your dream matches. Characters who never met before gets to interact. The game's roster may grow as long as it has a good online community. It is more of a hardcore competitive game than a casual party game.

Buy the game or watch it on YouTube pretty much cut out for me. I have watched the twitch stream. And the multiplayer as you say have definitely affected in terms of the experience. I am not going to play it purely for the multiplayer without much focus. Then again. I think this was kind of expected from the NT. But yeah your review is pretty straight forward and puts the perspective in line.

Administrator
Staff member
There are now coverages of Dissidia Final Fantasy NT Tournaments.

This is a very intense grand finals that was streamed 2 days ago.

Next week Dissidia is getting new DLC character as per the news. So it seems like the Dissidia is performing good among the FF user community. Plus IGN has given 6.9 rating to the game which is not bad considering IGN is heavy critic of games in this genre.

Administrator
Staff member
Old school characters seemed to be more popular to players. I think they made the old school pre-3d characters stronger over the 3d era characters.

Administrator
Staff member
I noticed that majority of the players of this game are not Final Fantasy fans. Most of them are hardcore fighting game players who got attracted with the combat system. I heard though this game managed to make casuals play oldschool games since they made the oldschool characters more powerful.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
Generally, I would say that the game is fun to play whether it's playing by real Final Fantasy fans or people who are attracted to the combat system of the game. I believe that getting attracted to the game is one way of turning one into a good fan of the game. Is the game worth playing? My answer is yes 100%.

Administrator
Staff member
If you want to start a career in E-sports with a less overwhelming competition, This is your game. You will have better chances winning a tournament with Dissidia over the other fighting games and shooter games that are considered e-sports. Most of us can grow and eventually win tournaments with this one compared to Street Fighter or Tekken where the pros will eat us alive.

Next week Dissidia is getting new DLC character as per the news. So it seems like the Dissidia is performing good among the FF user community. Plus IGN has given 6.9 rating to the game which is not bad considering IGN is heavy critic of games in this genre.

6.9 rating would be regarded as an average rating in my book. If it's anything close to 7.0 I would say it's a good rating. Maybe a little more needs to be done to help get the game a better rating. This is just my opinion, some would disagree.