I thought Terra having pale green hair was supposed to be her original art design. I don't know why they decided to change it to blonde but it doesn't seem original.

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah she is originally green haired but those 3d promos of 6 turned her blond and her appearance in dissidia also turned her blond. I have a feeling she will be blond once 6 is remaked. Oh in Japan she is named Tina, but the American employees of Squaresoft dont like the name Tina as it is generic as hell, so they renamed her Terra for the English versions.

Last edited:
They did not like the name Tina? I was not aware of that, and I wonder how that would make my Aunt feel. She would actually probably get a kick out of it, but I do like learning little things like that I did not know.

Administrator
Staff member
They did not like the name Tina? I was not aware of that, and I wonder how that would make my Aunt feel. She would actually probably get a kick out of it, but I do like learning little things like that I did not know.
Well Tina is a very generic and common name. How many girls in real life is named Terra? I did wish they will keep the green hair but 3d portrayals wanted her to be blond.

Last edited:
That is a lot of new information,it's actually good to know.

I like the green hair of Terra, and have heard that when they deisigned the character, she had blond hair-but when they put her in the game they changed her hair to green, to look more exotic ?

Administrator
Staff member
They changed her hair during those times into green so people wont confuse her Celes. I think they use blond these days since Celes is not in Dissidia and if she will ever be part of it, People won't be confused anymore because the modern graphics can make it easier for people see the difference between Celes and Terra.

I believe that when the designer - the artist Amano designed the character, Terra was suppose to have blond hair- instead of the cool green color, but a lot of the time she does have green hair. It would be cool if her hair would change with even more colors including pink or blue as well !

Administrator
Staff member
I thought Terra having pale green hair was supposed to be her original art design. I don't know why they decided to change it to blonde but it doesn't seem original.
They made it green so People won't confuse her with Celes. I think Square Enix can make a fan vote on what will be Terra's hair color once 6 have a remake.