Have you invested real money in playing Final Fantasy games

I bought a $30 mount for FFXIV and it was just a reskin of another mount and it has its own music. And if you ask me it was worth it because it was a cool looking mount. Having said that these days I don't spend a lot of money on fluff items because it's just not worth it. Because as soon as you quit the items are gone forever.

$30 mount? That's not much but all you need to do is not make it a routine habit because if you do, it's definitely going to cost you a lot more should you take time and calculate what you invest annually in the game. But from your comment, I see that you have already determined it's not worth it to put in real cash into the game because one day one is certainly going to quit the game.

Haha, you did realize spending the money is not worth after the experience. Well, it's good that you were able to determine that on time and only spent $30. From my perspective, it's not a huge amount of money like I have seen some invested a whole lot more. It feels good when you get the packages with money but in the end, it's not a good way to be a real gamer.

@Heatman I believe he realized that the money invested in the game wasn't worth it at the long run which is why he stopped at 30 dollars. Maybe he needed to have the experience to be sure of saying distinctively that putting real cash into the game is not a good idea. For me, I don't need to try it out to be sure because common sense already told me it's not a wise thing to do.

I've bought the games and that's it. If you call that an investment then yeah, I have. I'm not playing MMORPG's (FF or not) and I'm not spending money on the microtransactions or the like, ever.
No, not at all. I have never nvested any money in the FF games. I have never done so but Iam willing to try if it is profitable. After investing the money, will I really get the profits? Anyone who has done that to guide me please.
Haha, no profits in the real world. If you want that you could try playing (and getting good) at the various e-sports games.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
@Heatman I believe he realized that the money invested in the game wasn't worth it at the long run which is why he stopped at 30 dollars. Maybe he needed to have the experience to be sure of saying distinctively that putting real cash into the game is not a good idea. For me, I don't need to try it out to be sure because common sense already told me it's not a wise thing to do.

That's absolutely true for from all indications, putting real cash in some games aren't worth it. It just makes one looks weak in mentality to play the normal way the games are supposed to be played.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
$30 mount? That's not much but all you need to do is not make it a routine habit because if you do, it's definitely going to cost you a lot more should you take time and calculate what you invest annually in the game. But from your comment, I see that you have already determined it's not worth it to put in real cash into the game because one day one is certainly going to quit the game.

$30 isn't that big, the only problem would have been if he kept up with the $30 investment on the game say on monthly basis. Then when you calculate $30 multiply by 12, that's a very huge amount of money.

Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
I've bought the games and that's it. If you call that an investment then yeah, I have. I'm not playing MMORPG's (FF or not) and I'm not spending money on the microtransactions or the like, ever.

Haha, no profits in the real world. If you want that you could try playing (and getting good) at the various e-sports games.

No buying real games isn't what I'm referring to here. It's buying packages with real money in the to help your playing being easy. I was actually tempted one time to invest real cash in buying token for one online manager game that I play, but thanks I resisted the urge and never did that.

No buying real games isn't what I'm referring to here. It's buying packages with real money in the to help your playing being easy. I was actually tempted one time to invest real cash in buying token for one online manager game that I play, but thanks I resisted the urge and never did that.
Yeah, I don't do that, as I said. That practice is called "pay 2 win" in multiplayer games, and paid cheating :D in singleplayer games. I have better things to spend my money on. You definitely made the right choice by not buying that, as it would just encourage devs to put more microtransaction items and such in their games.

$30 isn't that big, the only problem would have been if he kept up with the $30 investment on the game say on monthly basis. Then when you calculate $30 multiply by 12, that's a very huge amount of money.
Your right the yearly subscription is where they get you. Not only do you have to pay $30 for the mount but you also need to pay $180 a year for the game subscription. And if you stop paying you to lose the mount until you pay again. And I quit subscribing so I don't have the mount anymore.

That's absolutely true for from all indications, putting real cash in some games aren't worth it. It just makes one looks weak in mentality to play the normal way the games are supposed to be played.

Exactly, I consider those that use real cash to play to be weaklings because they lack guts to play the hard way. They seek for the easy way out by using money to clear their path and win easy. Maybe in my next life I might try that out, but in this current one, I ain't trying it.

Your right the yearly subscription is where they get you. Not only do you have to pay $30 for the mount but you also need to pay $180 a year for the game subscription. And if you stop paying you to lose the mount until you pay again. And I quit subscribing so I don't have the mount anymore.

That's a good decision for you to make, because losing such amounts of money just on games that you basically don't benefit any profit from in monetary form, it's wise to stop such investments as it's not worth it in any way possible.