Honestly I did not like the storyline much. Nothing in specific, it just didn't flow with me like some of the other games. It was visually appealing, and the gameplay did pull you in. But I felt like i was in a roleplay esque coen brothers film with no plot resolution or enjoyable characters.

I was actually one of the few people who enjoyed this game and I wouldn't change anything about it. Sure, it had some flaws but I don't think it deserves so much criticism. The story kind of clicks in during the second half of the game, and the graphics looked amazing for its time. I never really understood the thing about the game playing itself either, if you use auto battle after the intro you'll end up dying a lot.

I can see the combat being a little boring more so than in some of the other games. I thought that the story followed suit though and seemed to work, for me at least.

I would not change anything. I think the way game is there. I don't think there is anything wrong with the current game. And it can be good enough to play the game as it is. I guess for each one of us the game is going to be lot different as well. So yes, I think there is not much to change.

I would not change anything. I think the way game is there. I don't think there is anything wrong with the current game. And it can be good enough to play the game as it is. I guess for each one of us the game is going to be lot different as well. So yes, I think there is not much to change.
I agree nothing to change

Administrator
Staff member
I would have given Lightning a better personality. She is kind of cold, though we did see a warmer side of her as she is protective of her sister. Lightning is not as well received which is a shame as Final Fantasy rarely have female leads. The last full pledge female lead is Terra. Terra is well received during her times but sadly her game is kind of forgotten.

Lightning already has an interesting personality. She has good character development through both FF13 and Lightning Returns, and changes her cold/emotionless personality quite a bit as the story advances.
I'm not sure what you mean by "Lightning is not well received". I haven't seen many people hating on her.

Administrator
Staff member
You have no idea how much she is hated. She is hated her cold demeneor.

She did improved in 13-2 and lightning returns by making her more vulnerable but in 13 I hate how she treated Snow. She is bland compared to Terra,Yuna and Ashe.

I usually like Tomboy characters like Lightning but she is not well executed in 13.