Fatal Attraction, He thought he have a weekend affair, He got mistress from hell instead

Given that the original Fatal Attraction movie is now 36 years old, there's a whole new generation of potential viewers who may not have even heard of it, let alone seen it. Personally, I don't have an issue with remakes as long as they're executed well. With the new adaptation of Fatal Attraction, I'm curious to see how the story will be updated for a modern audience. Will the series address issues like consent and power dynamics that weren't as prominent in the original? It will also be interesting to see how the new adaptation is received in today's society, and whether it will have the same impact as the original or feel outdated.

I'm not sure how I feel about the trend of turning movies into TV shows. While it can be a way to explore stories and characters in more depth, it can also feel like a cash grab and dilute the impact of the original.

Glenn Close is so Iconic they are giving her previous roles to younger actresses. First Cruella and now Alex.

I'm not convinced that multiple adaptations of 'Fatal Attraction' will continue to be successful over time. It will be interesting to see how filmmakers adapt the story to current societal and cultural contexts, and whether these adaptations will be well-received by audiences

Should we really blame the mistresses or should we blame the husband instead.

DJ

The trend of turning movies into TV shows seems to be getting out of hand. On one hand, it can provide a great opportunity to further explore the storylines and characters in more depth, but on the other hand, it can also feel like a cheap cash grab by the studios. The original movie was created with a specific vision and impact, and turning it into a TV series can dilute the impact and lessen the overall quality. It's important for studios to strike a balance between expanding on a story and not sacrificing the integrity of the original work for a profit.

The original Fatal Attraction movie was criticized for its portrayal of mental illness, specifically borderline personality disorder. I hope the new adaptation takes a more sensitive approach to this issue and doesn't demonize those with mental health conditions.
The accurate and sensitive portrayal of mental health issues by the media is crucial. The hope is that the new adaptation of Fatal Attraction will steer clear of harmful stereotypes and instead foster empathy and understanding towards individuals with mental health conditions.