br9kpgaaxg8a1.jpg

The trademark bot is once again presenting us with news. This time it comes from Tsuburaya. This apparently translates as "Ultraman Blazer" and is expected to be the name of the next official series next year. There has not, as yet, been any official announcement of this series. Nor does it offer any clue as to whether it's going to be a 'New Generation' version of Gaia, as had been expected following from Trigger and Decker, or just a normal new entry.

2023 is going to be a busy year for the franchise:
As mentioned in a separate thread, the new TV show Ultraman New Generation Stars has been announced, which is expected to be the latest of those clip show series that air during the six months between new entries.
There is also more Decker content with a pay-per-view special appearing on the Ultraman Connection site (which I also assume will be released as the normal post-season movie in Japan).
Finally there's also the Ultraman Regulos series coming to Ultraman Connection.
(also, October just gone saw the 55th anniversary of the first episode of UltraSeven, so don't be too surprised if he keeps popping up in material during this year to celebrate the anniversary of various events from his series)

I heard Gazer as well, Unless they're not doing a new generation Gaia show, Blazer doesn't go withy the TDG anniversary vibe.

I heard Gazer as well, Unless they're not doing a new generation Gaia show, Blazer doesn't go withy the TDG anniversary vibe.

Which i would be completely okay with. I'm tired of all of these Ultra shows that are meant to be callbacks to a show of the past or rely on the powers of the ULtras of the past. It's time to get a fully fresh series again.

Well this may not last long as it seems Tsuburaya are trying to keep it off youtube, but that seems to be a teaser for Blaser. People who have seen the Decker movie have said it plays after the credits. It looks like he has glowey hair and a kinda turbine-ish looking spark crystal.

It says 4.21 at the end. The 21st of April seems to be too early for the show to begin, so maybe that will be when we see a full trailer?

Nevertheless it seems less like they're going for a New Generation Gaia, which is probably for the best.

A reaser trailer dropped. Hetting a vibe from it like they're going for a slightly older audiance again. Or course that could just be me and I'm totally wrong. Nut if they are I hopr it does better than Nexus originally did.

So the big news is that they're simultaneously releasing both English subtitles for the Japanese audio, and a separate English dub. Continuing that push into the English-speaking world.

Also, the start date is July 8th.

The main character is played by Tomoya Warabino, who previously played Heart in Kamen Rider Drive. Heart got a post-season special where he became a Rider, so add Tomoya to the relatively small list of actors who've played both an Ultra host and a Rider.

The main director and overall story composer is Kiyotaka Taguchi, who started out as an assistant director on Cosmos and has been a main director on X, Orb, and Z.

There's also a bit of a change-up with the main character template they're using. Gento Hiruma is 30 years old, married and has a seven year old son. He isn't a new recruit either, as is so common for Ultra hosts. Instead he starts by using a special forces unit (which I'm presuming will be mostly killed off in the first episode) and is then appointed as the leader of a new team called Special Kaiju Reaction Detachment, or SKaRD for short.

SKaRD also has a giant dinosaur themed mecha called Earth Garon. "Garon" was a name used for two different kaiju in Ultraman Leo, but neither looks especially like this robot so I'm not sure if it's meant to be related or not? Regardless, it reminds of of Gokai Silver's GoZyuRex robot.

The gimmick item looks to be pretty similar to the crystals previously used by Ultraman R/B, the Ultrra MEdals used by Ultraman Z, the Sentai Gears used by the Zenkaigers, and the Avataro Gears used by the Donbrothers. I guess Bandai are super attached to this format to keep using it so much?