Lookism: Netflix’s first Korean Animation

No Spoilers
Staff member
Lookism was a hit Korean Webtoon/Manhwa that became a hit in 2014. Fans had fantasized about seeing this popular web-comic animated. Sadly it is not a manga, and mostly manhwas and webtoons get live-action adaptations. A webtoon got a Japanese Anime adaptation before, the Webtoon Tower of God. Netflix made the impossible because the Webtoon Lookism became Netflix’s first Korean Animation. Netflix is no stranger to adapting non-Japanese materials into Animation. They first did it with the Filipino graphic novel Trese. I am unsure if this will count as Anime despite the art style because this is a 100% Korean production. Let’s invent a new term for this new media. I am going to call it K-Nime.
Lookism First Trailer

Park Hyeong-Seok is the biggest loser and outcast at school. He is overweight, short...

Continue reading...

I wish something like that can happen to me. Waking up in a more good looking body. I hate being ugly.

Looks promising, I wonder if in this series he will eventually learn to love his trueself and have the confidence to wear his ugly body. A confident person will never get bullied.

Hopefully, if this is a success, we will see more animated Webtoons. There are numerous stories that might benefit from gorgeous animation adaptations. I won't lie; I kind of expected Lookism to receive a adaptation in a short span of time. I didn't anticipate that Netflix would make a trailer for it.

Goddess of the Couch potatoes
When Studio Mir is entrusted with the animation, I know it will be excellent. One of my all-time favorite animation studios. I will definitely watch this on Netflix because they've never done a Webtoon adaptation poorly. All of them got renewed with a new season.

The Truth will set you free
We Manhwa readers are going to experience something truly tremendous. This comes after Sweethome, Hellbound, and Heartstopper. Hope the plot unfolds similarly to the other webtoon series! This is like realizing a dream! Usually Webtoon adaptations are live action and it is refreshing to see one animated.

This is now a television show? I can't believe it! Wow!! Along with Tower of God, Cheese In The Trap, God of High School, Noblesse, and numerous more manhwa, this was one of the first webcomics I ever read. I'm happy to see this acquiring more notoriety. Do not sleep on this one because it is worth watching and it is a story that will blow your socks off.

Ariel's Bestfriend
Everyone seem excited, I dont read webtoons because my internet is data based but I will surely watch it in Netflix.

If you haven't read the manhwa, this may seem to be a romance or drama narrative, but it eventually develops into a battle shounen series. Nevertheless, the characters and art get better over time, making this one of the best series I've ever read. It defies genre and is full of surprises.

Oh, wow. For once, lookism is getting a respectable adaption. I'm excited about this. So far, it has remained true to the webtoon on which it is based. Characteristically, Park Hyeong-sook is quite intricate. If this comes out, I'm sure we'll learn a little bit more about his life.