Public Domain Nightmare or dream come true? In 12 years Batman and Superman will be Public domain

Grimm
I think now I know why Marvel and DC are creating this Mantle replacement characters so once they become Public domain, The replacement are already dominantly popular. Miles Morales is created so Once Peter Parker becomes Public domain, Marvel will have a Spiderman to hold on to. It is also the reason why Black Falcon becomes Captain America. A mantle replacement character can fully takeover. Look Barry Allen is not the original Flash but he is the one everyone knows.

They must enter the public domain. Instead of saying, Superman has to be nerfed or depowered or fully powered but won't utilize his full might," When he is around Justice League. Time to make Superman once again Superman. I especially enjoyed the "all Star Superman" for this reason. because there was no Batman, Justice League, or Dark Side. When they appeared to be close to Superman, they always managed to depower him and prevent him from being Superman. All others, however, are free to be who they are.

If DC fails to protect their copyright, I can see people give Batman Super Powers or Every Nationality make their own spin on Superman once they became free.

Dc should do something because I do not want Batman or Superman suffer the same fate with Winnie the Pooh. I do not want someone to bastardize them because they can.

Pain is temporary, Success is Forever
People are already taking advantage of them even if they are not Public domain. Look at all those Parodies and Elsagate videos.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
I'm kind of surprised by people's takes on this. In the past, stories stuck because the characters meant something to a culture & there were good & bad versions, but specific stories & motifs survived because they resonated the most & the ones that didn't were forgotten.

Albeit, this is also generally why most people know a lot of old stories through Disney & other films & aren't aware of any aspects of the original books/ anthologies the stories came from which weren't put in there (not just morbid endings of certain Grimm fairy tales, but also the fact that the Wizard of Oz actually keeps going after Dorothy kills the witch & they get their gifts from the wizard, for instance. They have to go on a whole other quest to track down Glenda, whereas the movie just makes her show up & help them.) & there is a disconnect in that.

As someone who wanted to be a creator & writer, though, I'm interested to see how modern culture will evolve, now that some of our own stories are going to be open to interpretation, now.

Hey I just met you!
People seemed divided. Some people want them to be Public domain while others are scared and hopes the copyright gets extended. I heard Mickey Mouse will be Public domain in 2024 too.