Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Has anyone caught up? What did we think of the series as a whole, before Geats starts, this weekend? I still have 5 eps left, so I'll jump in in a couple hours. Lol

D

Dr Kain

Fantastic series as a whole despite its few missteps. It featured a lot of great mysteries and delivered on every single one of them. My only issues revolve around the pacing being off at times, the lack of doing anything with George's inner demons despite the teases, and the way they brought Hiromi back. The Deadmans were a great group of villains and I loved that they actually killed people. Best series since Gaim and easily the first series in a long time that felt like a Heisei Phase 1 show.

Yeah, I really enjoyed it, myself. I kept taking long breaks from it, though, then binging a bunch of episodes at a time, so a lot of it isn't particularly fresh in my mind. Still, I remember so many parts of this series absolutely captivating me-
when Sakura first got her powers, when Kagerou was first trying to kill the family & when the leader of Fenix was revealed as the mastermind behind everything all being high up there.
I never really enjoyed Vice that much as a character, or the designs for everything in this series, but the entire Igarashi Family, as well as George, Tamaki & Hana really sold this series, between them. It's one of those series' that didn't really end on a major battle (one occurs, but the series keeps going for another 2-3 eps after that), but they managed to give it a really powerful ending, despite that.
As a consequence of his contract with Vice, Ikki forgets his entire family & can no longer empathize, fit in or cope with any of them, so he moves out to live exclusively with Vice. George & Vice figure out that if the contract completely runs its course & Vice dies, Ikki will get all his memories back & forget Vice ever existed instead. So, Vice goes out of his way to stage that he has turned evil to force Ikki to fight him to the death. Ikki figures everything out before the end &, since the contract is explicitly tied to the use of his Rider powers, he obliges Vice as the two transform & kind of just rough-house, enjoying their final moments together, until the contract runs completely out, Vice dies & Ikki gets his memories back & comes home.
I hope the V-cinema doesn't end up spoiling the ending too much, because the ending to that show was just perfect. I still can't decide whether this series is one of my favorites or not & need some time to figure out how exactly I feel about it. Maybe another watch through, one of these days. But, it impressed the hell out of me a lot more than I thought it would & I'm one of those people who usually doesn't think the first episodes of these shows are that bad.

D

Dr Kain

I was an interesting concept to have the main boss defeated in episode 46 and then have the last four episodes be essentially an epilogue as if it were an RPG.

I totally expect Toei to completely ruin the ending with post-series content since they've been doing that non-stop over the last decade. Drive ruined 555. Ex-Aid ruined itself. Zero-One ruined itself. OOO ruined itself. What's another series?

Build. The first V-Cinema was decent, but the second one kind of screwed it all.

Formally known as Bennu
I was an interesting concept to have the main boss defeated in episode 46 and then have the last four episodes be essentially an epilogue as if it were an RPG.

I totally expect Toei to completely ruin the ending with post-series content since they've been doing that non-stop over the last decade. Drive ruined 555. Ex-Aid ruined itself. Zero-One ruined itself. OOO ruined itself. What's another series?

I'd say Gaim ruined 555 with that stupid retcon in Heisei vs Showa film, Drive's Kamen Rider 4 D-Video special was simply damage control to fix that continuity screwup.

D

Dr Kain

I'd say Gaim ruined 555 with that stupid retcon in Heisei vs Showa film, Drive's Kamen Rider 4 D-Video special was simply damage control to fix that continuity screwup.

Gaim has nothing to do with 555. They're not even in the same universe.

Drive put 555 into its universe, which makes no sense since Smart Brain was not there.

Formally known as Bennu
Gaim has nothing to do with 555. They're not even in the same universe.

Drive put 555 into its universe, which makes no sense since Smart Brain was not there.

Except most of the KR shows post Decade are basically part of the same universe except for installments like Build and Zi-0.

D

Dr Kain

Except most of the KR shows post Decade are basically part of the same universe except for installments like Build and Zi-0.

None of that would make any sense though. The only ones that are truly connected are Kuuga and Agito (since Agito straight up says it's been 2 years since the ULF's have been spotted) and W through Wizard.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
It makes perfect sense to me, they just don't bump into each other. With the exception of the worst tokusatsu of all time nothing that happens contradicts previous entries. Same with Sentai outside of Gokaiger and Zenkaiger.