Here’s A Game About A Gritty Steampunk Pinocchio

Staff member
Pinocchio is a public domain character. Anyone can do anything with him, not just Disney…so while Disney has a Pinocchio movie coming out later this year, two other studios are releasing their own Pinocchio movies in 2022….and then in 2023, there’s this.
I believe the last time the wooden puppet got his own video game was the Disney movie adaption on the Super NES in 1996. This, however, will be completely different. This is a dark steampunk-inspired violent action RPG where Pinocchio leaps around battling monsters in a decaying city. The game was shown off at Gamescom today.
Though Pinoke has a “real boy” appearance, he IS a doll — he’s just from a future where dolls are indistinguishable from humans. This is the city of Krat, a once-proud institution that fell into chaos once its leader got the bright idea to replace all its workers with robots. The robots rebelled, the people fled, and now it’ll take one angry puppet, on the hunt for his father Gepetto, to set things right...

Continue reading...

Wow they made Pinocchio looks hot. He don't even need to be a real boy to be my daddy. :p

I am a Devil May Cry and Bayonette fan so this game speaks to me, It also reminds me a bit of BloodBorne. I remember years ago we have a Horror Game based from Alice in Wonderland. Public domain stuff are easy to take advantage on.

Don't be Jealous of my Boogie
On paper, this concept doesn't seem like it should work!. Yet it is working!

The setting is described as being in the Bloodborne style (Victorian London meets HP Lovecraft, but with Pinocchio as the playable character and creatures/characters from the book). Please hit it out of the park. I loved Bloodborne for its distinctive environment alone, and since it seems unlikely that a sequel will be released anytime soon, perhaps this will be just as cool.

I am weary of Indie games, This screams low budget. It lacks originality and I don't know why everyone is in bandwagon on this crap when Gotham Knights exists. I will rather see a new Call of Duty game than this garbage.

@huanBar1VV Stop acting like a Gigachad man of culture because your taste in games are terrible. This Game looks cool and it got the most positive reactions. You are just an edgelord trying to be hipster yet your favorite game is Call of Duty.

I'm shocked by how red hot this looks to be! I am excited! Despite the preferences of every other soul, it yet seems to have a personality of its own. Bloodborne, Dishonored, and Devil May Cry appear to have had a wild night together, and I'm here to enjoy it. They developed a darker version of a dark fairytale (forget the Disney adaptation; the real story of Pinocchio is gloomy). I hope this game has some unique elements and isn't merely Bloodborne-style action (even though it makes me want to buy it).

I wonder if the concept is that he starts off quite powerful and gradually loses strength. He is becoming more anthropomorphic.
This implies that Gepetto is comparable to Frankenstein.
I'm eager to see how the storyline and gameplay develop.

Sleepy Coffee
I'm happy that the setting resembles Italy much more than it did in the last teaser, especially the train station they show at the start. Additionally, Mangiafuoco is probably the man in red; I can't wait to see how they handle the character. This game reminds me a little of American McGee's Alice, and I'm cool with it. I adore the automatons' mechanical design. I don't usually play Souls games, but if it is on GamePass, I might give it a shot.