Sonic Frontiers Confirmed For November 8 Release

Staff member
Everyone wants to copy Breath of the Wild…soon it’ll be Sega’s turn with Sonic Frontiers, coming this fall. The best thing about Sonic games is going as fast as you can, but will the vast, open meadows of Sonic’s new Hyrulian world and lack of real direction kill any true sense of momentum? Early footage seemed to suggest “yes,” but we’ll withhold judgment until the game is actually out.
The game’s “Story Trailer” was released at Gamescom today. The story isn’t really THAT important for a Sonic game and they’ve often stumbled when taking it too seriously…but so far, this plot seems basic enough to be serviceable. Sonic is on the Starfall Islands, home to cutesy rock creatures that are under attack from flying polygonal robot-things (some names would be nice, but we don’t have them yet). Their leader appears to see Sonic and his friends as their enemy and gets confrontational the second they run into Sonic. It also appears Tails and Amy took the same island trip but suffered worse...

Continue reading...

I said oooh
This game has to be done, polished, and truly good is all I can hope for. We can only hope that the new gameplay published today will give us a good idea of the game's quality and readiness for such a quick release.

Wow November 8 is early, I was expecting Sonic Frontiers to be available later around December.

I just hope the final product will be polished and not rushed.

And all that I can see is just another Lemon tree
The game's trailer is very impressive. The settings now appear much better, the voice acting seems to be fairly good, some of the new battle techniques are exciting, and the narrative now seems much more intriguing. When the game is released, I can't wait to talk about the plot and characters. I hope the trailer accurately represents the caliber of the finished product.

Residence of Evil
Since Sonic Unleashed, I haven't seen Sonic cutscenes this goooooood!!! I'm eager to play this game because I think it has a lot of promise. I can't wait for this game because it appears to be a significant improvement over Sonic Forces. I'm going to purchase this. This is what Sonic needs: a fantastic story (so far), a vast world to explore, gorgeous scenery, and badass gameplay. This is definitely going to be in my series X!

She took the kids Ryu
This game has a certain positive energy about it.
The animations and the variety of attacks look fun and satisfying to perform, and these could put you in control of a powerful Sonic like we have never seen before. I am unable to discuss the plot, though they claim that Ian Flynn seems to be the right choice.

I haven't been this excited for a new Sonic game in a very long time. I'm pleased to see that the franchise is portraying more than just a blue hedgehog trying to prevent an egg-shaped doctor from ruling the world, and that the series can occasionally be lighthearted while also taking a very serious tone. This shows that Sonic appeals to people of all ages rather than just children, which is exactly what a franchise should aim for and should do. Once it is released, I can't wait to play this game virtually everyday.

It's looking really fantastic, and people are beginning to regain optimism.I always thought things would improve, and now they have! Can't wait to hear the voice acting, especially from Roger. The setting and plot are both much better. I'm excited to watch this and Tails as well.

We might have a highly entertaining game in our hands if this translates nicely to the finished gameplay. Games are meant to be fun, therefore graphics and plot are really only a very minor consideration and this one looks fun.