The Genesis Mini Is Back With A Vengeance

Staff member
Remember that “mini consoles” craze from a few short years ago? There were mini plug-and-play versions of the NES, SNES, Genesis, Playstation and even TurboGrafx-16. Every company that once had a console in the 80s and 90s had their turn and then the fad died out. This is why we’re kind of startled to be reporting that the Genesis Mini is getting a follow-up sequel mini in Japan.
The Mega Drive Mini 2, as it is literally called, is a lot like the original Mega Drive Mini from that country except it will come with a new selection of games — and a much bigger one at that. 50 games are packed into this sucker (the first Mini had 40 games) and this time, there’s official Sega CD support (or Mega CD as it was known elsewhere).
Here is every known title that will be included with the Mega Drive Mini 2. More reveals are on the way:

Silpheed (Mega CD)
Shining Force CD (Mega CD)
Sonic CD (Mega CD)
Mansion of Hidden Souls (Mega CD)
Popful Mail (Mega CD)
Virtua Racing (Mega Drive)
Bonanza...

Continue reading...

I wish Sega will make a new console. I did enjoy dreamcast while it lasted. They just tapped out in the console market. Sega still make games but they stopped making Consoles.

What does the Fox say?
Staff member
I wish Sega will make a new console. I did enjoy dreamcast while it lasted. They just tapped out in the console market. Sega still make games but they stopped making Consoles.
Do you think that will happen? Years ago, my brothers and sister got together and bought my kids a Sega Genesis Console System. (My husband and I could not afford it.) Awesome Christmas present! My kids played practically all day. Even their dad played with them! LOL.

Glowing
Sony Killed them with PlayStation and they never recovered. So they stopped making consoles. At least they still make games.