Hulu’s Predator Prequel Sounds Friggin’ Awesome

Staff member
If I told you Hulu was going to be producing their own sequel to the Predator franchise through 20th Century Studios, your reaction might not be an immediate “I’m there.” But that’s before you know the details. For one thing, it’s called “Prey,” it’s actually a prequel and it’s set 300 years in the past.
It also doesn’t take place in Europe, but in the pre-colonized Americas, focusing on the Comanche nation. Within that time and place lives a young warrior named Naru, the most skilled hunter of her tribe. Soon, it’ll be her against a lone Predator who has landed in the area and poses an immediate threat to her people.
This hook is dynamite. There are no guns, no lasers (except for what the Predator’s packing), no bulletproof armor… nothing that could possibly allow for a human advantage. The lead character is way outclassed and it will take everything she’s got to take the Predator down. It’ll be a true battle, the kind the series rarely pulls off despite its premise. Count us in...

Continue reading...

Froggy Afternoon
A Science fiction with Native Americans on it! Shut up and take my money!

Resident Bronteroc
The movie will be entertaining as long as they focus on keeping the Predator hidden for 75 percent of the film, like they did in the previous one. Long-time Predator fan, excited for this! I'm not holding my breath; we haven't had a good predator movie since Predators. But only time will tell.

I really hope this turns out well. It's been so long since there been a good predator movie. The past predator movies had been awful.

I wonder if this tribe is Billy's ancestors, hence why he is attuned to the presence of the Predator in the first movie.

If my memory serves me right. Yautjas only attack prey they seen as Worthy. Why is he trying to hunt a 90 pound skinny girl. I know female warriors exist but she doesn't look like a warrior. She looks like an anorexic model.

Hardcore CLAMP fan
I wonder if this tribe is Billy's ancestors, hence why he is attuned to the presence of the Predator in the first movie.
Yeah In the first predator movie, Billy already knew the Yautjas exist he talk about a Legend his tribe encountered.