Ted Becoming A TV Show, With A Familiar Premise

Staff member
The plot of Seth MacFarlane’s movie Ted was basically a deconstruction of your typical children’s fairy tale story: a little boy wishes for his teddy bear to come to life, and it does, and the story usually ends there. Instead, Ted takes place many years after the fact, when John and his bear have both become burnout losers in their late 30s. Cue the jokes. (I won’t be commenting on the movie’s quality or lack thereof as I’ve never seen it.)
But Ted’s not dead: after a sequel failed to generate enough interest, the crude fuzzy thing has found another way to survive. Seth is now working on a Ted TV series for Peacock, set as a prequel. The show will take place in 1993 with a sixteen-year-old John, just now beginning to realize Ted won’t make the rest of his life a breeze.
There is one common thread through nearly all of MacFarlane’s TV shows, and it’s the aggressive...

Continue reading...

My little sister's kindergarten teacher mistook the first Ted film as a children's film and played it to a bunch of toddlers. Imagine how traumatized the kids are. The teacher got fired after that fiasco.