More Casting Announcements for ONE PIECE Adaption

Arguably one of the biggest shonen products in the world, Eiichiro Oda’s One Piece has been serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump since 1997, and has gained a strong and dedicated following, with the anime recently celebrating one thousand episodes! A story of pirates searching for lost treasure in a world full of strange creatures and cursed fruit, the beloved series is being adapted to live-action by Netflix, and has already confirmed casting for the core group of Straw Hat Pirates. Further casting details for supporting cast have been announced recently, and most of them seek to oppose Luffy and the Straw Hats in their quest.
Joining the cast is Morgan Davies (Evil Dead Rise) as Koby, friend of protagonist Luffy which we meet at the beginning of the story. Buggy the Clown, captain of an opposing Pirate crew, is played by Jeff Ward (Agents of Shield), as well Ilia Isorelýs Paulino (Queenpins)...

Continue reading...

Hardcore CLAMP fan
Let's hope it will have a second season unlike Cowboy Bebop. Netflix should have given the show a chance to grow. It was trending in my country.

Swipe right and let's bacon our way to victory
Canceling Cowboy Bebop is a mistake because now fans have no confidence for this and the Avatar live action.

Goddess of the Couch potatoes
Canceling Cowboy Bebop is a mistake because now fans have no confidence for this and the Avatar live action.
Yes it is such a momentum killer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to give this a chance but Netflix tends to cancel big budget shows like this because they always have unrealistic expectations.

I said oooh
These actors better start auditioning for roles now because this show ain't gonna last.

Ada Finally Waited!
I Agree about losing confidence about Netflix. I want to give this live action adaptation a chance but knowing how big the budget is, Netflix will have unrealistic expectations which leads to cancellations. I still got my Jupiter's Legacy and Altered Carbon PTSD.