IDW Introduces New My Little Pony Series

Staff member
Boy, we wouldn’t want to be the My Little Pony series that has to follow Friendship Is Magic. The TV series, which debuted on Hasbro’s defunct cable network The Hub, was arguably the biggest success story in the franchise’s history, expanding its appeal beyond the target audience to reach all age groups. What can the next version possibly do to hold a hoof to that?
The new reboot, which appears to simply be called My Little Pony, was introduced through Netflix with the feature film My Little Pony: A New Generation. It focuses on a new batch of horses called the Mane 5: Sunny Starscout, Izzy Moonbow, Zipp Storm, Pipp Petals and Hitch Trailblazer. They will also be the subject of IDW’s next MLP comic book, and IDW has a secret weapon prepared to get new readers hooked: artist Amy Mebberson.
Yes, the Australian treasure, creator of Pocket Princesses (which led to illustrating princesses for real at Disney) and even nicer in person than she appears online (I have met her at...

Continue reading...

Hey I just met you!
This comics I believe is the continuation of the Netflix movie. I heard this new generation will have their own series too but the voice actors will be recast.

Protector of the Ocean
This comics I believe is the continuation of the Netflix movie. I heard this new generation will have their own series too but the voice actors will be recast.
Recasting is understandable because Vanessa Hudgens, Kimiko Glenn, Sofia Carson, Liza Koshy, Ken Jeong, and James Marsden will be too expensive to voice a cartoon series. They may only reprise on movies. The only one I can see staying will be Kimiko Glenn because she was a former voice actress.