fdjkiwyauaaqa-z_orig.png
Well, another year, another trademark bot reveal. As always, don't expect any actual details until at least December.

Apparently the "Ava" part is actually the same symbol as "Aba" and means 'violent.' Taro is a very common ending for a lot of male names in Japan, which might feed into the brothers part.

R

raden238

Some of the early rumors for 2022 Sentai is that its a direct sequel to Zenkaiger, characters are going to return in main roles.

D

Dr Kain

The title sounds so freaking stupid, which sounds exactly like modern Sentai titles.

I really hope it isn't a sequel to Zenkaiger as I am so done with the Zenkaiger world. What a piece of dogshit it has been.

R

raden238

The title sounds so freaking stupid, which sounds exactly like modern Sentai titles.

I really hope it isn't a sequel to Zenkaiger as I am so done with the Zenkaiger world. What a piece of dogshit it has been.

Donbrothers makes it sound like it will be an "All-Male" Team too

D

Dr Kain

So uh... Donbrothers... yeah...

HT3n96P.jpg

The suits themselves look fine, but it IS a continuation of Zenkaiger, it has a horrid looking CGI bike, and apparently pink and black (who looks like Morganna from P5) are also going to be all CGI.

Following up from that poster is the official confirmation that the show begins on March 6th.

However, the big news is that the infamous Toshiki Inoue is apparently returning to act the head writer of a Sentai for the first time since Jetman!

Ryuta Tasaki, who has been working on Zenkaiger but is mainly known for directing Heisei Rider, will be the lead director.

Zenkaiger's producers, Shinichiro Shirakura (aka "Shira P") and Naomi Takebe will continue on to produce Donbrothers too.

Edit: Also confirmed that the new red ranger will appear in episode 42 of Zenkaiger.

Last edited:
R

raden238

Isn't this the first direct sequel series to a Sentai in history? I remember the villain from Sun Vulcan came from Denziman but this is much bigger. We're finally taking a new step in direction. CGI rangers huh. Black looks like a chibi figure or dwarf. They look like animals turning into rangers.

Yes, Queen Hedrian from Denjiman was also in the main cast of Sun Vulcan. There's also a couple of episodes later on that are a direct follow-up to the Denjiman movie, though they explain the backstory enough for it to be understood without having seen the film.

According to the newly published series website, Black is apparently only 1m tall, while pink is apparently 2.1m tall. Both are apparently going to be CGI, at least when transformed. We don't yet know if they'll have untransformed forms or not.

And yellow is apparently the only girl, so that's the first male pink unless they play it as a non-gendered robot or something. Yellow is also themed after an Oni, which are the villains in the legend of Momotaro that this is based on. So I'm expecting her to be the focus of the internal team conflict that Inoue is certain to include.

D

Dr Kain

Inoue gives me a small bit of hope it might be good.

Pink being a male better mean they're going to have a transgender person voicing him.