Kamen-Rider-Revice.jpg
Anybody watching this year? Or did Saber completely put off everyone in the English-speaking fandom?

D

Dr Kain

I like Revice so far. Episode 2 was a mess as it felt like two episodes merged into one, but episode 4 was superb. I am intrigued by this show and I'm liking it more than Zero-One at this point. What I mean is that while I liked Z1 at episode 4, I still wasn't sold on it. Right now, I'm mostly sold on Revice.

OT, I'm 6 episodes into Ex-Aid and this show sucks. The costumes are terrible, the acting is mediocre, and the plot is just Zero-One's.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Yeah, I've started Revice. On episode 3 so far. The show's impressed me enough that I'm excited to see where they'll end up going with it. I actually thought they were going to lean more into the "Inner Demon" double-entendre with the villains, & especially with Vice, but it's kind of refreshing that they're playing it very straight & just making him evil in captivity with very little likelihood for real redemption (Though, it's Kamen Rider. You know he'll get there eventually.)

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
I am really wondering how George got his hands on all the Kamen Rider belts, as well as action figures. Is this supposed to take place in the Ichigo-Decade universe? If so, when's Foundation X going to get here?

I believe the comments from the staff suggested that it's kind of a Gokaiger type thing where Revice takes place in a continuity where all the previous Riders existed (at least in some form - I can only assume Build was very different).

D

Dr Kain

I believe the comments from the staff suggested that it's kind of a Gokaiger type thing where Revice takes place in a continuity where all the previous Riders existed (at least in some form - I can only assume Build was very different).

Leave it to Toei to just make up their own continuity rules as they go along. If this is true, then Foundation X better show up!!!

Anyway, wow, fansubbers are slow to tackle this series, aren't they?

I haven't seen episode five, but I heard it apparently has a higher than normal number of on-screen signs (possibly even showing people messaging each other on their phones?) which need to be understood for the story. So there's more than usual to translate, time, and polish.

I think we've spoken about it before, but personally I'm not bothered if Foundation X never show up again in the main shows/films. They were a poor replacement for Museum in Double, then a stand-in for Neo Shocker in Movie Wars Mega Max, and then I guess very briefly a stand-in for G.O.D. in the Kamen Rider Brave special. So I'm sure that if they turned up again it would be just to do the exact same Shocker-style routine, only with the stunt team dressed as masquerade dopants instead of combatants.

I'd expect it's more likely that Foundation X will turn up in the Double anime, if anything. I'm sure you could look up the plot of the manga if you wanted to find out. Hopefully by virtue of the anime being outside the usual parameters of what Rider to be, they might do something else with it. Or perhaps it will just be a name they throw around from time to time when some random kid is asked who they bought their Memory from.