D

Dr Kain

Looks more like Kremzeek from Transformers G1. Yeah, I don't think I'll be bothering with this series either.

R

raden238

Reminds me of the Quasar Cats from Power Rangers Operation Overdrive aka Ashu Tribe from Boukenger. It's different, it looks cool I guess. It does deviate too far from the Kamen Rider ecstatic.

R

raden238

If you guys needed further confirmation that those two are your newest Kamen Riders from Revice, look no further. Stickers from an upcoming Televi-Kun magazine:

200206140_1769226653265277_6721111591978927725_n.jpg

199231026_1769226526598623_5543510680804155275_n.jpg

202018688_1769227879931821_2171377199416385981_n.png

The dinosaur motif is confirmed as rumored. Revice is the pink one and the unnamed secondary Rider is the black one. I guess Toei still hasn't gotten dinosaurs out of their systems yet. We already had two Dino Sentais within a 6 years period and now within two years from Ryusoulger. Yet another Dinosaur Toku hero. Not feeling it with Revice. I'm probably going to skip it.

D

Dr Kain

Yeah, not feeling this one bit. I'm so sick of dinosaur themes. I would have probably been fine with it had Ryusoulger not happened two years ago. At this point, why even bother with Sentai? Toei's making Kamen Rider more and more like Sentai every year. Just axe Sentai and stick with the one at this point.

Anyway, also not sure what I think of the pink and blue colors.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
I don't know, will they have a healthy amount of monsters of the week this time? Because that's been Saber's main weakness. We've had three new classics in a row after Build, the worst tokusatsu ever made, desecrated Kamen Rider and the genre at large so perhaps a fourth new classic will be enough to wipe up the mess. It will likely have the same problems every entry since Ex-Aid had: Too many riders at once, too many spinoffs, being ultra serious while forcing in childish comedy, keep changing monster of the week categories. I'd include Ghost in that, but Ghost was comfy. I say all this as someone that considers Zero One the second best main entry only after Drive.

R

raden238

Here are some leaked images of Revice's henshin belt. The gimmick item this year seems to be stamps. The digital screen may be the ink pad. Its possible that the belt has a LED screen with changing pictures. Which kinda cool. The green stamp is apparently a "Decade" stamp. So quite possibly Revice will be YET ANOTHER Rider that can weld the powers of Legend Riders. These anniversary shows are getting out of hand seriously. The overall design though looks terrible. Purple and pink on a belt reminds me of Barney and it just doesn't look like a belt at all. Is it too much ask for a belt design that actually looks like a belt buckle that you can wear? The Wizardriver, Ziku and Zero-One Driver got it right.

208002158_926323537914866_5966186675511576922.jpg
210102189_915679766040125_8937971375745843719_n.jpg
209925086_915679799373455_2325618270420346174_n.jpg

kr-revi-vice_orig.jpg
So, we've now had a bunch of info. Revice will indeed feature two Riders form the start. Kamen Rider Revi and Kamen Rider Vice.

Within the show, an organization called "Dead Man" is trying to summon demons hidden within human beings. They use items called "Vice Stamps" to draw them out as monsters called Deadmen.

Our protagonist is Ikki Igarashi, played by Kentaro Maeda. He makes a "deal with a devil" - specifically the one within him, called simply Vice. When Ikki transforms into Kamen Rider Revi (the mostly pink and blue one) Vice gains a physical form called Kamen Rider Vice (the mostly black one).

It seems that when Revi uses the Vice Stamps on his belt, he will not change forms himself but instead it causes Vice to change. He is already confirmed to have forms based on a T-Rex, Megalodon, and a cactus!

The series will also feature Ikki's brother Daiji and sister Sakura, played by Wataru Hyuga and Ayaka Imoto. Joji Karizaki, the developer of the show's Rider System, is being played by Hamao Noritaka . A Dead Man executive named Orteca is played by Hayata Seki.

The final bit of casting news has proven rather controversial. The voice of Vice will be provided by Subaru Kimura. Toku fans will probably know him best as the voice of the Seiza Blaster in Kyuranger. However, since then Kimura has made numerous social media posts mocking African cultures and on one occasion even posted a photo of himself in blackface. These posts were removed very quickly after getting many negative responses, but he has yet to comment on them in any way and blocks anyone that brings it up.
Kimura is half German (his real surname is "Bartsch") and was born in Germany. He is also fluent in English and lived in the US for a time when appeared on Broadway. So the usual "it's a different culture" argument doesn't apply here.

Anyway, stepping away from that horribleness...

kr-50th-logo_orig.jpg

The head writer will be tokusatsu newcomer Hanta Kinoshita.

The main director will be Takayuki Shibasaki. I believe this is his first time as head director (?), but he has directed episodes of the show for pretty much every season since Kabuto.

The series is produced by Chihiro Inoue (also a main producer on Kyuranger), Kei Mizutani (who has produced a few episodes of Saber and has the same name as the actress who played Shelinda in Gingaman, though I don't know if they are the same person?), and Taku Mochizuki (who worked on Kyuranger and Kiramager).

The last thing to mention is that Revi and Vice have already debuted! The film Superhero Senki has just been released (July 22nd). In the movie there is a location called "Agastia Base" where the boundaries between fact and fiction are blurred. This place stores books containing the stories of all the Kamen Riders previous to Saber, and Revice's book is shown along with them. Then after the main film ends there is a 23 minute long film dedicated to Revice.

The official press conference will be held this coming Tuesday, July 27th. The series will begin on Sunday September 5th.

Last edited: