D

Dr Kain

Interesting mech designs as they loo like Gao King, Magi King, Daizyujin, and DaiBouken. When do you think they will reveal the rest of the ranger team?

R

raden238

Interesting mech designs as they loo like Gao King, Magi King, Daizyujin, and DaiBouken. When do you think they will reveal the rest of the ranger team?

That is the ranger team. Toei going Metal Heroes with this one. 1 human host (Zenkaizer/white ranger) who is the leader and the 4 robots make up the rest of the team. The homages are pretty upfront. Goranger, JAKQ, Gaoranger, Magiranger, Zyuranger and Boukenger staring at us, for the entire season.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Oh f**k yeah this looks based as hell!

>money makers like Zyuranger and Gaoranger
>based mecha like DaiBouken
>based sentai lke Magiranger
>Zenkaiser based on based 70s sentai

Sixth ranger will have to reference an 80s sentai (lets hope Goggle Caesar!) and maybe a seventh for based Go-Busters. Kyuranger wouldn't fit because of the alternate timeline, but it's best to leave the best tokusatsu ever made by itself for a short while. After all, it along with Ultraman Geed and Kamen Rider Z-iO are still stomping on Build's abominable skull to save the genre.

D

Dr Kain

That is the ranger team. Toei going Metal Heroes with this one. 1 human host (Zenkaizer/white ranger) who is the leader and the 4 robots make up the rest of the team. The homages are pretty upfront. Goranger, JAKQ, Gaoranger, Magiranger, Zyuranger and Boukenger staring at us, for the entire season.

Not sure I'm thrilled with that, but it certainly can't be any worse than Saber, so I guess there's that. Though, in the long run it is the writing that matters, not the concept, so here's hoping they have a competent writer.

I'm not sure why they chose Daizyujin or Magi King though. I get DaiBouken and Gao King since they were anniversary seasons.

R

raden238

I'm not sure why they chose Daizyujin or Magi King though. I get DaiBouken and Gao King since they were anniversary seasons.

I'm guessing because those robots were very popular. Even as far back as 2011 with Gokaiger's toyline, I remembered they made new figures of Daizyujin, Magi-King and Gao King. So it clearly appeals to the audience in Japan.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

Wow, these robot suits manage a rare accomplishment of looking both overdesigned and cheap-ass simple. PatKaiser would feel right at home among them.

I'm not sure why they chose Daizyujin or Magi King though.
Daizyujin is probably because it's the first Sentai of "the new era" and with all the attention Magiranger has been getting recently MagiKing isn't that surprising either.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Yeah, I don't think anyone would've guessed they would do this. I guess we'll have to see how this turns out, or if/ how they'll use the Zenkaigers in PR.

Given how much Toei hate leaks I imagine there's been a lot of shouting happening in their offices today.

I can't help noticing there's no obviously Japanese themed robot, which seems like an oversight given how the first Sentai mecha, Battle Fever Robo, was basically a big samurai, and how ninjas have inspired multiple seasons.

Having said that, the white ranger's suit also contains the colours red, pink, yellow, blue, and green. So perhaps we'll get a green Samurai robot at some point further down the line?

D

Dr Kain

And all of my excitement for Zenkaiger just died. It's being written by the same lackluster lady that brought us such cardboard cut out villains in Zyuohger and LupvsPat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
It's being written by the same lackluster lady that brought us such cardboard cut out villains in Zyuohger and LupvsPat.
I'm okay with that, Ryusoulger was proof making the villains good doesn't save the whole series.