Yeah, the statement on OverTime's website is essentially "if there was ever a time for an official release it would be now, and we don't want to start a show only have to have drop it part way through like we did with Garo."

GenmCorp have subbed the first episode though. I haven't heard about anyone else yet.

Also, how is the ED theme more high energy than the OP song? Feels like they got them the wrong way round. Ah well.

Edit 1: I just watched the ED dance again. It's only on-screen for a fraction of a second before they cut away, but do they end the dance with Rider #1's transformation pose?

Edit 2: Izu Subs have also subbed episode one, but also admit that they weren't that impressed by it and might not continue.

Last edited:
D

Dr Kain

Like they did with Garo? Um... Garo came out in 2005 and Makai Senki came out in 2011 in which neither was licensed in the US until 2017...

Like they did with Garo? Um... Garo came out in 2005 and Makai Senki came out in 2011 in which neither was licensed in the US until 2017...
From their post: "Did you know I was working on a release of the original Garo series when it got licensed and then we never got to put it out??? NOT THAT I’M STILL BITTER ABOUT IT OR ANYTHING."

D

Dr Kain

From their post: "Did you know I was working on a release of the original Garo series when it got licensed and then we never got to put it out??? NOT THAT I’M STILL BITTER ABOUT IT OR ANYTHING."

That's quite shady of them actually. Oh no, how dare something get officially licensed! Wow, I had no idea OT held that kind of attitude. I've lost a lot of respect for them now.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
I find it worse they went toward something that was already fully subbed. Half the tokusatsu subbing community is more interested in resubbing things rather than cover more ground. It sure would be nice if something like Mach Baron, Fireman, Jumborg, Daitetsujin One Seven, or Inazuman Flash got a sub treatment. Hell we just got all the showa rider series done at the tail end of last year, for Sentai there's still Turboranger being.... Around, and 90s Metal Heroes are up in the air so long you could mistaken them for helium. There's even a bunch of Ultra stuff Mill Creek is not going to cover like the Ultra Q movie. Same **** happens with mecha fans on /m/.

>Yes lets resub the same stuff over and over again because the blu-ray had slightly higher resolution or something not quite right in translation
>Guys like AnimeShinigami and ARR dare to sub things nobody covered? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Such misuse of resources.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

O-T could have been more honest at least.

90s Metal Heroes are up in the air so long you could mistaken them for helium.
Blue SWAT aside, rest of them are getting progress slowly but steady. Even if a speedsubber like Metallic Fansubs comes back, he probably won't touch them. Rest of the 90s shows get relatively frequent updates (or did before COVID at least).

>Guys like AnimeShinigami and ARR dare to sub things nobody covered? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
If you follow /m/ conversation on them, you know that quality of their subs is an issue for people.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
If you follow /m/ conversation on them, you know that quality of their subs is an issue for people.
They're not perfect, but they don't deserve the tantrums they get. I also know said subs are divisive, a handful will whine no matter what while the other side is thankful they got anything at all.

Blue SWAT aside, rest of them are getting progress slowly but steady. Even if a speedsubber like Metallic Fansubs comes back, he probably won't touch them. Rest of the 90s shows get relatively frequent updates (or did before COVID at least).

COVID has nothing to do with it. The people working on 90s Metal Heroes have been going at a snails pace for years. Even WeabooShogun has stopped being reliable, willing to drop Exceedraft for other projects when he could've been done with that show two years ago.

D

Dr Kain

Jesus, that first episode was bad, really bad. Like it took everything that was bad about Ghost's first episode and made it 10 tiimes worse. My wife is normally more forgiving than I am and at 5 minutes in she wanted us to quit the episode. This is the same person who kept me suffering through Kyuuranger and Ryusoulger.

Too much CGI, the clown narrator dude was annoying, the overacting of the girlfriend, the poor fight choreography, the lowball silliness, the out of place, low energy dancing ending theme song, the monster growing big, the plot was too fast as if they combined three episodes into one, and so on. It was pretty much just Ryusoulger Season 2. What the fucking ****? How do we go from Zero-One to this utter piece of dogshit?

Zero-One had a lot of the "wacky anime hijinks" that Rider has had ever since Den-O. Comparatively, aside from that stupid dance and Drag Queen Tassel, Saber was pretty lowkey and tolerable... so far.

And Mei is not Touma's girlfriend (at least for now). She's his publisher.