Formally known as Bennu
Welcome to the discussion thread for Ultraman Z, Special episode; "Special Airborne Armor Secret File".

maxresdefault (1).jpg

This Week: We got a special episode this week, a clip show...... Okay, to be fair it isn't just a clip show of the previous episodes but also has information of previous installments from the Ultra franchise and how the robots of STORAGE are related to the lore.

Remember, this is a SPOILER ZONE! If you are trying to avoid spoilers, this is not the place for you.
HOWEVER! This is not the place to discuss future episodes. You may discuss previous episodes, next-episode previews and related subjects, but stick to the episode at hand. Please be considerate of those who haven't watched ahead yet. Thank you

This did make me realise that I've completely forgotten everything that happened in the Ultra Galaxy movie. If/when I ever get around to watching the series, I'll have to re-watch the film too.

S

scikaiju

Preview says would be a special look at the robots and it starts with a look at Z's current forms. Olay then. But outside of that it was decent for what it was, although I am surprised they cut out tje part were Z hsd to tell Haruki to press the trigger again, just seemed eeird they would edit like that. Also I'm not sure why they went into Windam's and King Joe's history in the Ultra franchixe and not Sevenger's unless they felt footage that old would have been too shocking or out of place.

Yeah I guess so. The footage they used for Windam and King Joe was from some more recent appearances (10 years ago and six years ago, respectively). With Sevenger, it's only previous appearance was a single episode of Ultraman Leo. It is used to hold off a monster but doesn't defeat it (or even do anything particularly spectacular) because the real main thrust of the episode was that Ultraman Jack was back so they wanted to save the big fight for later when he could team up with Leo.

D

Dr Kain

A clip show? That shouldn't have happened until ep 13, lame. Easy pass.

Haruki's actor has mentioned in an interview that filming for the show was shut down for a period due to the pandemic. I'm guessing this had been inserted as a way to buy them more time.

Just as long as they don't copy Taiga and put a clip show after the last episode. That really was the height of pointlessness.

D

Dr Kain

Haruki's actor has mentioned in an interview that filming for the show was shut down for a period due to the pandemic. I'm guessing this had been inserted as a way to buy them more time.

Just as long as they don't copy Taiga and put a clip show after the last episode. That really was the height of pointlessness.

X did that too and that was after already have TWO clipshows beforehand.