The Book is a legendary artifact that contains unparalleled powers and secrets. In ancient times, a group called Megiddo attempted to take an ancient artifact called The Book. As a result, pages of The Book were scattered across the world and became the Wonder Ride Books. A group called the Sword Of Logos was created to fight against Megiddo and restore The Book.

The Sword of Logos was founded by Sophia (played by Rina Chinen), a mystic who seeks to restore the balance of the worlds. The organization has four Riders.

The first is (obviously) Saber. His real name is Touma Kamiyama, who is a novelist and owns the Fantastic Kamiyama Bookstore. He is played by Shuichiro Naito, who at 24 is one of the older actors to play a main Rider for quite a while.

The second is Blaze…or is it Blades? There still seems a bit of confusion about the exact pronunciation. I’m waiting for it to turn out to be something wacky like “Blade-Z.” The character’s real name is Rintaro Shindo and he is played by Takaya Yamaguchi.

Next up is Kamen Rider Espada (hey, “espada” is Spanish for “sword” – what a surprise!”). His real name is Kento Fukamiya and he is an old childhood friend of Touma/Saber. Continuing the element theme established by the fire and water powers of the first two, he has lightning powers. He is played by Ryo Aoki.

The last good Rider (for now) is Kamen Rider Kenzan, who uses wind-based powers. His real name is Ren Akamichi and he sees Saber as a rival. He is played by Eiji Togashi. The picture below seems to show Kenzan (he’s the green one) with a different belt to his three comrades.

Rounding out the official group membership is the team’s mechanic, Tetsuo Daishinji, who is played by Hiroasa Naka. In addition, there is Touma's friend and editor, Mei Sudo, who is played by Asuka Kawazu.

kr-saber-sword-of-logos_orig.jpg

Four members of Megiddo have been shown so far. They have three generals: Lejeeru, Zuos, and Sutorius (the last of which's actor has tweeted hello to foreign fans in English!). It's possible that these names are slightly scrambled versions of the three categories of Wonder Ride Book (Legendary creatures, beasts [or "zyu" in Japanese], and stories).

The final member is Kamen Rider Calibur; a traitor who used to be a part of the Sword of Logos before joining Megiddo. Neither his real identity or his actor have been revealed yet. He appears to use the same belt as Kenzan. It's been pointed out that in the trailer there is a Wonder Ride Book called "Jakku Dragon" (evil/wicked dragon), which would seem to be set up as a dark version of the "Battle Dragon" used by Saber. Calibur would be the obvious candidate to use it.

I know toy demo videos aren't terribly interesting, but this does confirm that the belt can use three Wonder Ride Books at once. It looks like legendary creatures go into the right side, beasts go in the center, and stories go on the left side. I'm guessing that also corresponds to what the three sections of the Rider's armor look like. The sword also sheathes itself in the belt, and drawing it opens any/all books attached and triggers the transformation.

The Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra have been described as working with "a big artist" for the opening AND performing a closing theme themselves. I've heard of certain songs being described as a closing theme before but not used as such, but given that it's in the promo maybe we will get one for the first time in 15 years?! The rest of the music is being handled by the composer for Gokaiger and Kyuranger.

Of course, yes, even though we're starting with five they've promised at least 10 Riders. My money's on most of them being in Megiddo (possibly the three generals already shown?) to stop it being super one-sided.
Saber's default form Brave Dragon reminds me of Wizard Flame Style...The half-changes are meh. Build wasn't too long ago. I never would of thought the day that Kamen Rider would start recycling ideas would come this quickly.
Weirdly the side shots that made him look all-red reminded me of Drive Type Tridoron. Technically they're not half changes but thirds. As for recycling ideas, tokusatsu has always been all for finding something that works and milking it until it turns to cheese lol.
Well Saber's fucked. It's apparently being written by the guy who did Ghost and directed by the guy who did Kyuuranger.
If it makes any difference, with toku the main creative control comes from the producer. And hey, Japan has once again been rocked by a major event, so they're bringing out Fourze producer Kazuhiro Takahashi for this.
No idea what Rider Time Ryuki is
You mean you missed the return of The Inoue lol?

A three-part, direct-to-streaming special that brought back seven of the Rider actors from Ryuki. The basic idea was that Zi-O's time travel f**kery created a timeline where Ryuki's Rider War never ended and so they're still fighting it out all these years later. They made quite a big deal out of it, seeing as Ryuki was basically the last time Rider really made a big, lasting impact on Japanese pop culture.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Well, I'm glad they came up with a better name for the character. I thought made up pun names were going to be a running theme in Reiwa era for a minute-- with Hiden, then Bookworm.

So, one Rider is English, one is Spanish & one is Japanese (name wise). Who wants to bet the weridness with the blue one's name is because he's supposed to be French?

Well, I guess there's nothing else to really worry about here, until the show premieres. By the way, did it give a premiere date in that promo?

EDIT: Kabuto was the 35th anniversary, right? With this Sword of Logos organization, I wonder if they'll homage Kabuto a bit & more of the later Riders are just a bunch of random people who happen to get their hands on Rider powers.

Last edited:
So, one Rider is English, one is Spanish & one is Japanese (name wise). Who wants to bet the weridness with the blue one's name is because he's supposed to be French?

Well, I guess there's nothing else to really worry about here, until the show premieres. By the way, did it give a premiere date in that promo?
From what I've read it's the vagueness of translating foreign words into Japanese characters that's leaving room for uncertainty until we hear them say it.

The release date was in the trailer, though we've known it for a while now anyway. September 6th.

R

raden238

Ghost wasn't that bad, once it got out it's early rut. First 10 episodes, or so, we're definitely some of the worst episodes of Rider I've ever seen in my life, but it takes a sudden turn in a really bizarre & unexpected direction in it's teens-- I think, right after Ghost gets his first real power up.

Albeit, a lot of people still don't like it, even then & I kind of get why. There's a lot of random crap that sort of goes nowhere it starts feeling kind of laggy & repetitive towards it's final arc. There's one more thing I'd say I'm sure pissed people off, but it's plot related--

Ghost dies "for real" multiple times & just sort of keeps coming back, irregardless.

EDIT: The guy's clearly got a big imagination, but the plot of Ghost, overall, comes across as them realizing that the show they'd created wasn't working & the writing team throwing everything they could think of & the kitchen sink in to fix it until whatever stuck coalesced into a general plot.

I'm sure everyone elae knows how to work with the guy... unless he's impossible.

Although, if they do end up making a more 2010 style series, that Captain Shark guy'll be happy.

Ghost had so much potential heading into it. The suit was awesome. Everybody was expecting a Kiva-esque theme, featuring classic horror monsters. Fans wanted scary. Instead it was more like a history lesson on great inventors and important people. It came off more weird to me more than anything. I also particularly remembered the show's budget made them recycle the same 7 MOTW suits for the whole series. I also didn't like how he came back to life at the end, he's suppose to be a dead Kamen Rider hence the name but I digress.

D

Dr Kain

I don't even know if I could say they were great inventors considering they had Edison there. He's nothing but a thief who stole other people's work.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Ghost was comfy while Drive and Kyuranger were the best of their franchises. Now lets see what we have here.

>No Fate/manure references

Good

>Looks like Wizard

Good

>Minimum of 10 riders

What the actual ****? Please don't be another Ryuki/Gaim/that which shall not be named that took place between Ex-Aid and Zi-O. Zero One (I'm only up to ep 25 right now) proved to be good and leave the stains of the heisei era behind after Zi-O cleaned out a lot of it! This reminds me I need to get around to watching Ryusoulger at some point.

No idea what Rider Time Ryuki is, but Ghost was unwatchable due to the ADD camera work and the horrid effects. Not to mention the characters were fucking stupid even by normal Toku standards. "I can see a monster and we are being attack but there is no such thing as ghosts!!!"

Do you seriously not know about Zi-O's Rider Time specials? There was a three-part one made for Ryuki that brought back most of the original cast.

D

Dr Kain

Do you seriously not know about Zi-O's Rider Time specials? There was a three-part one made for Ryuki that brought back most of the original cast.

I dropped Zi-O at episode 4 and never paid attention to anything revolving around it afterwards.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Says who?

Its kind of common knowledge, but it didn't used to be. You can actually find several documentaries about it. He had a habit of inviting other promising young inventors to work for him, then trying to use his position as their boss to force them to hand over patents & rights to anything good they came up with to him, even if they came up with it independently or before they were working for him. If they didn't, he turned on them & tried to ruin their lives if they left his company.

I should say, though, that I'm pretty sure all of the things he's known best for, I think he actually did come up with. Only exception is the lightbulb. Someone else came up with something like that & he was really just trying to improve on it to make it viable for people to use. I also believe he didn't invent the movie camera himself.

Last edited: