kr-saber-aug-02_orig.jpg
kr-saber-aug-03_orig.jpg
kr-saber-aug-04_orig.jpg
kr-saber-aug-05_orig.jpg
kr-saber-aug-06_orig.jpg
kr-saber-aug-07_orig.jpg
kr-saber-aug-08_orig.jpg
kr-saber-aug-09_orig.jpg

ANOTHER REMINDER: If you are sharing and/or discussing these images on social media, DON'T tag in Team Rider or anyone else officially connected to the shows. This issue of Televi-kun isn't on sale yet. We shouldn't know about any of this.
OK, let's get all the names of things out the way first.

The books are called Wonder Rider Books. They are divided into three categories: Divine Beasts, Creatures, and Stories. Saber's primary transformation item is a Divine Beast type called Brave Dragon (hence the giant dragon head on his right shoulder) and has fire-based powers.

He can also attach a second Wonder Rider Book to his belt to form change the left side of his body. The Peter Fantasista (Peter Pan) Wonder Ride Book changes his left side blue, and this form is called Kamen Rider Saber Dragon Peter. The Jackun-to-Domamenoki (Jack and the Beanstalk) Wonder Ride Book gives him a green left side, and this is called Kamen Rider Saber Dragon Jackun.

As Shogun Master mentioned above, the second Rider pictured is called Kamen Rider Blaze. He uses a creature type Wonder Ride Book (already getting sick of typing that out!) called Lion Senki. His powers are water-based and he also has a sword (possibly just a recolor of Saber's with a different round thing on the grip?).

The toyline will also have Wonder Rider Books based on past seasons. The last picture reveals three of them based on Zero-One: Hiden no Hiden Monogatari (The Hidden Story of Hiden), A.I.M.S. Animal File, and Metsubojinrai Monsters.

SimpleNimbleGreatdane-size_restricted.gif

The blurb mentions that Saber "fights enemy evil spirits that hide in a mysterious parallel world." So, Ryuki/Gaim type of thing maybe?

Blaze is described as "a powerful ally to" Saber, so hopefully there won't be any Rider Vs Rider shenanigans right out of the gate. But I'm not sure about his complete lack of a face. I means aside from the lion one on his chest.

Similarly, I find it difficult to get a read on how big that dragon head on Saber's shoulder is. All those spikes look like something they'll constantly be having to fix on set though.

Also, as a few people have pointed out on social media, these suits seem to be following in Zero-One's footsteps and are using a simple black covering for most of the head, with all the colored detail being an actual mask on the front. Actual Masked Riders. Who'da thought? Having said that, no sign of a bike from the scans thus far.

R

raden238

Saber's default form Brave Dragon reminds me of Wizard Flame Style. Which is a good thing for me. The horrible belt for this series is like a bad remake of the W driver. The belt itself is just hallow black plastic, no imagination at all. Then you insert two slabs of books and you get a stupid looking belt. The half-changes are meh. Build wasn't too long ago. I never would of thought the day that Kamen Rider would start recycling ideas would come this quickly.

Blaze's helmet looks so bland, its like Horobi but no compound eyes and a smaller boomerang looking visor. I also notice the very visible animal heads. Dragon shoulder on Saber, and Lion chest on Blaze. It feels so anime-like to me. So far I'm not feeling it with this series.

D

Dr Kain

Well Saber's fucked. It's apparently being written by the guy who did Ghost and directed by the guy who did Kyuuranger.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

I'm all up for Ghost's team having another go at the series.
Show had a lot of interesting ideas I liked, so hopefully it'll work out better this time.
It'll feel refreshing after all the Omori shows at least.

D

Dr Kain

I gave up on Ghost after 2 episodes, so no, I don't want that guy to be writing another series at all. It was the worst atrocity in Kamen Rider history. And Kyuuranger is the worst Sentai series.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Ghost wasn't that bad, once it got out it's early rut. First 10 episodes, or so, we're definitely some of the worst episodes of Rider I've ever seen in my life, but it takes a sudden turn in a really bizarre & unexpected direction in it's teens-- I think, right after Ghost gets his first real power up.

Albeit, a lot of people still don't like it, even then & I kind of get why. There's a lot of random crap that sort of goes nowhere it starts feeling kind of laggy & repetitive towards it's final arc. There's one more thing I'd say I'm sure pissed people off, but it's plot related--

Ghost dies "for real" multiple times & just sort of keeps coming back, irregardless.

EDIT: The guy's clearly got a big imagination, but the plot of Ghost, overall, comes across as them realizing that the show they'd created wasn't working & the writing team throwing everything they could think of & the kitchen sink in to fix it until whatever stuck coalesced into a general plot.

I'm sure everyone elae knows how to work with the guy... unless he's impossible.

Although, if they do end up making a more 2010 style series, that Captain Shark guy'll be happy.

Last edited:
K

Kamen Rider IXA

It was the worst atrocity in Kamen Rider history
I wouldn't call myself a fan, but I'm not sure it even makes my top 5 worst. I had easier time getting through Ghost than I did with Drive, for example. Most of problems it had were also present in pretty much all other recent series.

And Kyuuranger is the worst Sentai series.
Shibasaki directed more than just Kyuranger. He directed a lot of Rider episodes over the years (Rider Time: Ryuki is his recent big achievement. That thing looked superb and achieved "western TV drama feel" early Phase 1 was going for back in the day).

D

Dr Kain

No idea what Rider Time Ryuki is, but Ghost was unwatchable due to the ADD camera work and the horrid effects. Not to mention the characters were fucking stupid even by normal Toku standards. "I can see a monster and we are being attack but there is no such thing as ghosts!!!"

K

Kamen Rider IXA

"I can see a monster and we are being attack but there is no such thing as ghosts!!!"
Akari's point was that you can find a rational explanation for what seems like supernatural.
And she wasn't wrong exactly.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
No idea what Rider Time Ryuki is

It was a three episode special tied in with the Ryuki episodes of Zi-O. They did two separate Rider Time specials. The other one, Shinobi, pretended that there was a rift in the time-space continuum allowing you to see three episodes of a season of Rider that never actually existed.