D

Dr Kain

I don't mind a few riders, but I want some actual villains that aren't evil riders again. That's all we have had for the last several years and it's gotten boring.

R

raden238

I don't mind a few riders, but I want some actual villains that aren't evil riders again. That's all we have had for the last several years and it's gotten boring.

So true with had Chronos, Evolt, Ohma Zi-O and now Ark Zero-One. That's 4 years of having the final boss being an evil rider. I'm getting tired of it too.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dr Kain

So true with had Chronos, Evolt, Ohma Zi-O and now Ark Zero-One. That's 4 years of having the final boss being an evil rider. I'm getting tired of it too.

Not just the final boss, but even the soldiers. Metsuboujinrai.net is just an evil rider cosplay club.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
More listings showed up in pieces.

The only one that caught my eye was when someone on Rangerboard said:
"Book that transforms into a bike & smartphone that transforms into a trike"

The only thing I got is that those motorized three-wheelers suck. I feel bad for the stuntpeople already, but, I guess they have to have some sort of padding under that armor.

I also wonder if it's the kind with one wheel in the front, or two. (cannot remember what the latter one is called, right now)

D

Dr Kain

Apparently this show is going to have 8 riders in it from the start. I think I might sit this one out.

Oh who the **** am I kidding, I will need to watch the first few episodes to do a video review on.

So the press conference for Saber will happen on July 29th at 12 noon Japanese time. It will be streaming live on both the TV-Asahi and Toei Tokusatsu Youtube channels.

Also, there's been a couple of leaked photos of a magazine that show us what Saber looks like.

Kamen-Rider-Saber-2.jpg

REMINDER: Don't share and/or discuss these images on social media and then tag in Team Rider or anyone else officially connected to the shows. This isn't officially revealed. We shouldn't know this yet.
His default form's face is very fiery, and asymmetrical with a big crest blade. If you look at the guy's thumb in the first pic, is that another form/Rider just above it?

The second image also seems to show a vaguely blade-shaped belt. There's also a separate image of a sword, and in the top left there's an image that maaaybe implies they're the same toy? (dammit random photographer, put it on a table top instead of your knee!)

It confirms that the gimmick is books (i.e. two pieces of plastic connected with a hinge) which attach to the belt. There's also a book in the bottom left corner that appears to be Peter Pan (and is close enough to the Disney version that I'm sure the legal team winced).
Oh who the **** am I kidding, I will need to watch the first few episodes to do a video review on.
lol you're not fooling anyone, Doc. In all the years we've been on here, I can't think of a single Rider or Sentai show that you haven't angrily declared to be the worst thing ever while it was airing, and yet you've still stuck with them right to the end.

Last edited:
D

Dr Kain

lol you're not fooling anyone, Doc. In all the years we've been on here, I can't think of a single Rider or Sentai show that you haven't angrily declared to be the worst thing ever while it was airing, and yet you've still stuck with them right to the end.

Drive, Ghost, Ex-Aid, and Zi-O. I stopped watching Drive at episode 24. I quit Ghost at 2, Ex-Aid at 1, and Zi-O at 4.

As for Sentai, I stopped ToQ at 5 and last year when I watched Goseiger to review it was the first time I made it past episode 9.

Yeah, myself & some others have been trying to study it. Apparently, the belt is a sheath for the sword. You attach a book to the front of the sheath, open it, then shove the sword in to activate. The front of the sheath is open, so you can always see the details of the sword when it's in there.

I don't know that the Peter Pan thing is that close. It's kind of in a grey area, I guess. The book is too old to be under Copywrite &, I'm sure it has a somewhat detailed description of how he's supposed to look, but, on the other hand Disney copywrited their own artwork. While their earliest Copywrites will begin to expire in another ten years, or so, America created the world's first copywrite laws in about 1923 & Disney didn't make Snow White until somewhere in the 30s. I think Peter Pan was one of their first 5 films, or something. I'm not too clear on that.

R

raden238

Saber's helmet looks great. But really the collectible gimmick is going to be books? Little plastic squares on a hinge that open up with two images? Doesn't seem like a fun of toy to me. The sword is fine, the belt is atrocious! Easily one of the worst belt designs in Rider history! I'm guessing its suppose to be a book shelf, where you display or in the toy's case you slide in the books to activate everything. But its so dull and and has deviated too far from what a belt is suppose to be! What happen to making belt designs that actually looked like a real-life buckle? It's terrible.

Even though these images are leaks, I noticed in the picture on the left, we see apparently what looks like 2 form changes for Saber? and funny enough the leaker deliberately used his thumb to block the secondary rider's face.

So far not liking the books and once again we're following the same trends as the past 4 years. Multiple Riders on the show right out of the gate. Toei really loves sticking to success formulas. I will give the show a chance, but I might be skipping this show and taking a break.

-- Sword grows into full sized weapon when in use.

-- Saber's name is Rex/ Lex Bookworm. Not sure which one Toei prefers, since it's been noted that both technically make sense from opposite ends of the spectrum of this show's themes- Rex is Latin for king, & Lex is related to the Latin for writing, as in Lexicon.

-- Second known Rider's name is Blades (the blue lion guy).

-- Someone noted (albeit through Google translate) that the Seiken in Seiken Sworddriver can come out as both Holy Blade in the convoluted fashion mentioned earlier, as well as story, which might explain why they went with such a stretch.

-- Words on bottoms of feet translate as "Rider Kick with these very feet" & words on belt translate to "draw now your holy sword." With the above point made, I guess you could also translate it as "draw upon your story," which makes equal sense given the circumstances.