I'm a bit disappointed that the name is literally "Saber" and not, say, a double reference. For example, "Seiba" or "Seiber" for "holy sword".

I'm a bit disappointed that the name is literally "Saber" and not, say, a double reference. For example, "Seiba" or "Seiber" for "holy sword".
I'm not sure what you mean? They are using the kanji for "holy blade."

But the English word they're using is plain "Saber". It's not very distinguished, especially when almost every Rider nowadays use swords.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Now, the rumor is that his sword will be called Seiken Bucklesaber.

On that note, does anyone know how buckle would come out in engrish? Is it baaku, or bakuru, or what?

Going to assume you meant a buckler rather than a buckle, as it makes more sense for it to be a small shield that is often used with a one-handed sword (although, to my limited knowledge, not sabers) rather than the metal bit that holds your belt closed.

Also, isn't "seiken" a karate term for the way you properly make a fist to punch someone?

In which case, a "proper fist side shield saber"? That's a word salad. o_O

I think they said seiken is Holy Blade. I am pretty sure that ken is blade, isn't it?

But, anyway, someone on Rangerboard, almost immediately after this, came up with a supposed toy listing. It makes reference to a core team of three riders, plus an ultimate number of seven rider in all in the first quarter. Also, if true, the fairy tale thing would apply to the riders' powers in as much as the villains. There were name references to Hansel, Aladdin & the three Little pigs, as well as characters from the Asian epic, Journey to the West.

EDIT: The person from before also attempted to offer a sketch of the driver. It's a thick bladed dagger, with half of the crosstree missing. You plug in books and fold them open, so it sort of forms the other half of the crosstree. Thats for the main three Riders, and I guess that's the aforementioned Bucklesaber. And, if true, I just realized that if Bucklesaber was done as Bukuseibaa/ Bukusabaa, then the Buckle part would be a double ententre for Book, even if a but of a stretch.

Bucklers should be in more things, either way, but I feel like knowing how you are supposed to correctly use one would bring up a lot of the same aversions people have to using brass knuckles in kid's shows. Not that I expect that would stop Rider.

The three Little pigs one was a power up item, I think. Since there's 3 main riders, I almost wonder if it's supposed to link their powers, or activate a 3 way attack, or something.

Last edited:
If accurate, this sounds like it's going to be one of those "bulky suit" seasons. o_O
I think they said seiken is Holy Blade. I am pretty sure that ken is blade, isn't it?
It is...except for when it means fist, like the JyuKen (Beast Fist) in JyuKen Sentai Gekiranger. To be fair, they probably use different symbols. I won't pretend to know the language. I could be completely wrong.

I thought "holy blade" was the kanji they used to spell "Saber" in the logo?
Bucklers should be in more things, either way, but I feel like knowing how you are supposed to correctly use one would bring up a lot of the same aversions people have to using brass knuckles in kid's shows. Not that I expect that would stop Rider.
One of the stories that came out of Wizard was that once Bandai informed them that the gimmick item was going to be magic rings, the production team immediately decided that the Riders would never throw a punch or use magical attacks such as a fire punch. This was specifically because they could tell that Bandai would have to make them out of hard plastic, and they didn't want any kids pretending to be the Rider to hit another child while wearing something on their hand that could increase the chances of an injury occurring.

So yeah, I think they would stop the stunt team from using a buckler as a secondary weapon to hit people with, unless the toy was made of out rubbery soft plastic.

It is...except for when it means fist, like the JyuKen (Beast Fist) in JyuKen Sentai Gekiranger. To be fair, they probably use different symbols. I won't pretend to know the language. I could be completely wrong.

I thought "holy blade" was the kanji they used to spell "Saber" in the logo?

Ok, I think I get where that person was coming from. They must have been assuming that it was a pun on the saber kanji reading holy blade and smashing together the English word saber with the Japanese ken.

And, I stand corrected on the buckler thing.😁

I will say, though, that a few people think that there might be something off about these rumors, but, if they are made up, someone sure as hell put a heck of a lot of effort into them. They think the toy listing might be fake.

D

Dr Kain

My only hope is that they lay off having like 5 different riders at the start and just have one with a second rider about 10ish episodes in. I'm tired of these Kamen Task Force Rider shows.

R

raden238

My only hope is that they lay off having like 5 different riders at the start and just have one with a second rider about 10ish episodes in. I'm tired of these Kamen Task Force Rider shows.

The Muti-Rider trend is something Toei really loves because it gives them a reason to sell more toys. More Riders, more toys. That's the motto. I want to say Ghost was the last series where they didn't go overboard with the multiple Riders. It was Ghost, Specter, and Necrom. But starting with Ex-Aid it just seems like every year we get a ton of Riders right out of the gate. It would be nice to just have a solo Rider and then the secondary Rider debuts in like episode 17ish like the old days.