Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Very are having of ze logo now.

The ten-ten looks a bit like a book, so they are surmising that either the collectible may be a book, or that there will be European fairy tale undertones. If they do that, though, I wonder how esoteric they can get digging up lesser known things from different cultures before they start to get worried that the kids will be lost. Lol

It does look like a European knight thing, though, given the shape of the sword design encorporated in the logo.

Just for the sake of having it directly on the page:

EbsYVBQWAAAvTng.jpg

A couple of thoughts about the logo.

As Shogun Master pointed out, it does look like there's an open book on that top right edge. Is it a clue or coincidence? I guess we'll have to wait for more info...and possibly even longer than usual given the way Bandai have clamped down on the toy catalog leaks.

Series logos tend to use the same colours as the Rider's base form. So will Saber have a more monochrome look?

Last edited:
R

raden238

A couple of thoughts about the logo.

As Shogun Master pointed out, it does look like there's an open book on that top right edge. Is it a clue or coincidence? I guess we'll have to wait for more info...and possibly even longer than usual given the way Bandai have clamped down on the toy catalog leaks.

Series logos tend to use the same colours as the Rider's base form. So will Saber have a more monochrome look?

Yeah I do see an open book apart of the logo on the top right side. Don't tell me books are going to be the collectiables for this series 🤣
If the show focuses on swords, it would be nice to have every form change of Saber armed with a different sword to fit the motif of the suit.

Not sure if true, but someone said the collectibles were called "emblems," by which, I think, they are referring to Standards. Maybe they're transported in book form, or he keeps them all in a book, like the medals from OOO.

They also did bring up Fairy Tales as a sub-theme & there being 4 main riders introduced immediately, or early on, that the series will focus on.

I will say again, I'm kind of curious how deep into European folklore they will go. Most people are mainly aware of things from Norse, Roman & Greek culture, & slightly aware of things from English & Celtic culture. Slavic rarely ever comes up, aside from Vampires, which is a shame. I guess you could do Greek, given that Assassin's Creed Odyssey has made it wholly apparent that Medieval Europe as a whole was secretly a cheap ripoff of Ancient Greece the whole time. Lol

Yeah I do see an open book apart of the logo on the top right side. Don't tell me books are going to be the collectiables for this series 🤣
I mean, is it any weirder than fruit, or eyeballs, or super chonky pocket watches?

I'm going to throw a curve ball out there though. What do you use to write in a book? A pen. And what are pens? Mightier than the sword!

I think I read somewhere that they are doing another Den-O movie.

Then, someone on Rangerboard mentioned there being a Momotaro story in Japanese culture (clearly, I knew from watching it that Momotaro was supposed to be based on something, I was just never entirely sure what.)

Then, with the fairy tale thing, it kind of became obvious as to what they are doing. I'm starting to think that some of these rumors may be legit.

I think I read somewhere that they are doing another Den-O movie.
"Kamen Rider Den-O: Pretty Den-O." I'm guessing that it's a short, as it's airing alongside three other films as part of the "Toei Manga Festival 2020." It was meant to come out in April but has been pushed back until August. Aside from the four Imagin, Naomi is the only other character from the show who has been announced as appearing in it.

The plot features them going back to 1989 (the first year of the Heisei era) and trying to help a little girl named Anna, who has run away from home, only to be attacked by Ikadevil from Shocker, who hijacks the DenLiner.

Apparently after the main story finishes there will then be some sort of quiz hosted by the Imagin.
Then, someone on Rangerboard mentioned there being a Momotaro story in Japanese culture (clearly, I knew from watching it that Momotaro was supposed to be based on something, I was just never entirely sure what.)
The main Imagin are all based upon Japanese legends, expect for Seig who is apparently based upon the ballet 'Swan Lake.'

Momotaros is, as you mentioned, based on the legend of Momotaro. This is probably the one that gets referenced the most in-series, to the point where there are some parallels between Ryotaro's story and that of Momotaro.

Urutaros is based on the fairy tale Urashima Taro.
Kintaros is based on a Japanese folk hero called Kintaro.
Ryutaros is based on the legend of Taro the Dragon Boy.
(I'll admit I had to look up these three again)

Vega, Altair and Deneb are the names of stars. Also, in Japanese legend Vega and Altair were lovers who were separated from each other, but once per year Deneb builds them a bridge so that they can reunite for just a single day. In the show, Deneb is the Imagin partner of Zeronos, who has two main forms - Vega and Altair - and both the stars and the legend are significant to Zeronos' story.

Last edited:
R

raden238

I mean, is it any weirder than fruit, or eyeballs, or super chonky pocket watches?

To me yes because when I think of books, I think of school and education which besides Fourze, I don't think Kamen Rider wants viewers to think about that. Kamen Rider is suppose to be our reward for doing our homework and after school.

I'm going to throw a curve ball out there though. What do you use to write in a book? A pen. And what are pens? Mightier than the sword!

Oh you might be onto something here. 🤣