Why is every good TV show Cancelled
By the way, has anyone gotten to see the Geiz movie yet? I was actually kind of shocked. It was good. It definitely gave Zi-O a better ending than the show did.

D

Dr Kain

So I guess Zero-One will end at episode 45. From my understanding, it was originally going to be 47, so that means 2 less episodes of filler. YES!!

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Well, I guess that they've had two .5 episodes, so maybe they had to count those as episodes-- hence 45.

That's cool, though. Final 10 episodes. Can't wait to see how it ends. So far, I don't really think it's cracked my top 5 seasons, but it far from the worst. It seemed a bit raw, like they had a lot of ideas for this season, but didn't get much of a chance for it all to settle in their minds. But I enjoyed it. Aruto, Fuwa, Yui, Izu & Jin were all great characters, & you can't really argue with that.

D

Dr Kain

Had this show maintained the same momentum in the 20s that it had for the first 19-ish episodes, this would have easily cracked my top 10 list. Right now, I'm not sure. It will all depend on how this final arc plays out.

Toei have officially confirmed that the Kiramager/Zero-One summer movie double bill, which was due to release in cinemas on July 23rd, is being held back. No word just yet as to what the new release date or alternative will be.

I heard about the '45 episodes' rumor too. Not sure where it came from. Could just be someone counting and realising that if Saber is still going to start on the first Sunday in September (as Build, Zi-O and Zero-One all did) then there are 10 more weekends left, which gives us our total. Presuming the show doesn't get pre-empted at any point during that time, of course.

R

raden238

Toei have officially confirmed that the Kiramager/Zero-One summer movie double bill, which was due to release in cinemas on July 23rd, is being held back. No word just yet as to what the new release date or alternative will be.

I heard about the '45 episodes' rumor too. Not sure where it came from. Could just be someone counting and realising that if Saber is still going to start on the first Sunday in September (as Build, Zi-O and Zero-One all did) then there are 10 more weekends left, which gives us our total. Presuming the show doesn't get pre-empted at any point during that time, of course.

I don't see how the Summer Movies are going to air in theaters. Besides the pandemic being an issue, Toei and Toku in general shifts into the next series so quickly, they want viewers to forget about the old shows and move on to the next one. I see Zero-One's summer movie being straight to Blu-Ray/DVD and maybe Kirameiger gets a release in January 2021 perhaps.

So I guess Zero-One will end at episode 45. From my understanding, it was originally going to be 47, so that means 2 less episodes of filler. YES!!

Do we have official confirmation from Toei that Zero-One is ending on August 30th, leaving us with 45 episodes? We have hints that it's ending in August since, in September they're already listing Saber's toys on the gashapon site. But that could still change. I'm actually surprised if we get Saber to premiere on schedule, given how everything got pushed back.

Had this show maintained the same momentum in the 20s that it had for the first 19-ish episodes, this would have easily cracked my top 10 list. Right now, I'm not sure. It will all depend on how this final arc plays out.
Well, I guess that they've had two .5 episodes, so maybe they had to count those as episodes-- hence 45.

That's cool, though. Final 10 episodes. Can't wait to see how it ends. So far, I don't really think it's cracked my top 5 seasons, but it far from the worst. It seemed a bit raw, like they had a lot of ideas for this season, but didn't get much of a chance for it all to settle in their minds. But I enjoyed it. Aruto, Fuwa, Yui, Izu & Jin were all great characters, & you can't really argue with that.

Zero-One has been an ok show for me, it's not bad, but lost a lot of momentum for me. It just seems like the show is stalling with finishing up the Thouser storyline and finally get to our final boss villain Ark.

D

Dr Kain

It's a shame as I really liked Thouser in the beginning. I even proclaimed him as the best evil rider since Leangle, but then he became everyone's *****. The only thing he is good for now is making everyone a sandwich.

I don't see how the Summer Movies are going to air in theaters. Besides the pandemic being an issue, Toei and Toku in general shifts into the next series so quickly, they want viewers to forget about the old shows and move on to the next one. I see Zero-One's summer movie being straight to Blu-Ray/DVD and maybe Kirameiger gets a release in January 2021 perhaps.
I agree that it seems like delaying for a later cinema release seems difficult. Then again, the Robocon movie is still meant to be releasing on July 31st, bang on schedule. I don't know exactly what's going on in Japan.

I suppose if the 'Super Sentai Movie Party' (i.e. the double bill of Kirameiger's Episode Zero and the Ryusoul VS Lupin VS Pat movie) did well in February, they could always change plans to make another one of those consisting of this movie plus the Kiramei VS Ryusoul crossover (or even a triple bill if they want to do an episode zero for the next Sentai too, thought I suspect in that case they'd shorten the 'VS' film, as there seems to be an unwritten rule that you don't drift too far beyond 1 1/2 hours total).

I guess the Zero-One summer movie could get pushed into a post-season special slot? Toei doesn't seem to mind dragging out those. The Grease one was released over a year after Build finished. I guess it depends if they have something in the plot that stops it making sense to happen after the end of the series.

Looks like principal filming on Zero-One is officially wrapped up! Everyone's tweeting pictures of receiving their flowers.

zero-one-wrap-up_orig.jpg

Last edited:
We've finally had a date for the rescheduled Zero-One summer movie. It will come out on December 18th. The trailer teases whether Zero-One's final enemy will be human, an AI, or something else...while flashing up a picture of a new Rider.

egooumfu4aeel58_orig.jpg
This is Kamen Rider Eden. His character is apparently simply known as 'S.' He also appears in the final episode of Zero-One, where
he accepts an offer from As and declared that he will bring about the world's end in order to remake it as a paradise.

He is played by 45 year old actor Hideaki Ito, who says he has been watching the show every week along with his son, and been a fan of the franchise since he watched Skyrider as a kid.

Given that this movie has been pushed back into the slot that would typically have the annual crossover movie, it is unknown what is happening with that, or even if there will be one. This film is not being paired up in a double bill with the Kirameiger movie, which has been pushed to spring 2021.

Normally there would be announcements right after the final episode regarding post-season direct-to-video specials, but there has been no word as to whether Zero-One will get any of them either.