KRZero-One0308.png
Rider shark do-do dah-do-do-do
Do-do-do
So this week, we finally got to see the show's OP (and for those who didn't look at the leaked toy catalogs, the reveal that there's two more Riders coming soon), apparently a contract for one HumaGear somehow represents a significant contribution to Hiden Intelligence's annual budget even though they're all over the place, nice to see Kenta Uchino (Teppei from Ultraman Mebius) popping up in toku yet again, our third Rider and first alternate form appear, A.I.M.S. shady boss appears, and it seems that Zero-One's secret identity is already revealed.

Last edited:
Ikutting them down. ...I'm not going to pretend my puns are better. I think anyone can do word play like this.

I am surprised Fuwa (Vulcan) is still part of the team after all these unauthorized transformations. No reprimand or anything. He’s kind of a cocky jerk that really needs to take it down a peg or two. But the real surprise twist was just how fast AIMS found out Zero-One’s secret identity! Remember when police and detectives were bad at solving mysteries, like the SAUL crew from Agito? Those days are dead.

The villains would be scarier if they hacked the Humagears remotely, without Jin showing up in person all the time. Have people be in perpetual fear that the robots around them can becoming killing machines at any moment with no warning.

One problem this show has is a lack of subtlety. Fuwa's hatred for AI is too cartoony. So far the show's not as bad about it as Ex-Aid with its over-the-top anime stereotypes (which is good) but they can still take it down a bit further.

Lurker
Finally they can make joke without need to make Aruto show a weird face. Nice Izu.

So Yua didn't as hopeless as she look like in episode 1 and 2. She actually have an authority. In turn, Fuwa actually the one who is hopeless to become leader. Its like his title as commander is only refer to his combative ability.

This episode Humagear atleast have good story and show more potential to feel human emotion. I hope this is sign to start serious phase of story. An A.I learn to be human-like usually a plot to make crazy robot after all.

The villains would be scarier if they hacked the Humagears remotely, without Jin showing up in person all the time. Have people be in perpetual fear that the robots around them can becoming killing machines at any moment with no warning.
I don't think that they are trying to portray the HumaGears as inherently scary though. They're not being depicted like other artificial life in Rider shows (the Roidmudes, the Amazons etc) where they inevitably end up as competitors to humanity.

I'm expecting that the show will ultimately show Aruto's view of them to be correct, which is essentially the reason that real life Japanese companies say they're developing humanoid robots - to act as helpers and valued partners (especially in a country with a shrinking and ageing population). They're only a danger when someone actively corrupts them (again, possibly drawing on the many real life security concerns about 'the internet of things').

Also, they need to give the villains something to do so that they're not just sitting around like a Sentai villain lol.

I don't think that they are trying to portray the HumaGears as inherently scary though. They're not being depicted like other artificial life in Rider shows (the Roidmudes, the Amazons etc) where they inevitably end up as competitors to humanity.

I didn't say they were inherently scary. But the threat of them going bezerk at any moment makes them scary, and that fear is what Aruto would want to dissuade people from having. Maybe at some point in the show one of his underlings develops a "firewall" against MetsuboJinrai hacking.

Last edited:

I agree in theory, but it's too early to say why they just show up in person.
It could just be bad writing and they just didn't think about that, or maybe they are so confident in hacking that they don't care about the risk of showing up in person, or maybe hacking Humagears HAS to be in close range in order to work, or maybe it's something else. To me, appearing in person seems more like something a terrorist or a typical super villain would do rather than a hacker. But then again, terror comes in many forms. So who knows what the thought process was when writing this little detail