Isn't that typical for Discotek SD-on-Bluray release?
They did the same with Samurai Pizza Cat for cramming 52 episodes (SD) into 1 Blu-ray.
I don't own any of Discotek release, but apparently, quality control isn't their best strength.
Oh well. At least you don't have to swap disc.
Hopefully, if this sold well, maybe we can see another Metal Hero show on Blu-ray (whatever the series they have license for).

D

Dr Kain

Isn't that typical for Discotek SD-on-Bluray release?
They did the same with Samurai Pizza Cat for cramming 52 episodes (SD) into 1 Blu-ray.
I don't own any of Discotek release, but apparently, quality control isn't their best strength.
Oh well. At least you don't have to swap disc.
Hopefully, if this sold well, maybe we can see another Metal Hero show on Blu-ray (whatever the series they have license for).

I don't know as I don't own any other SDBDs. I know several years ago a company joked about being able to fit an entire series on one BD disc if they kept it in standard definition, but I had no idea any company would take that, literally.

From what I've seen if Discotek though, they do put as much quality into their products as they can, so I'm sure it will be fine. Their Slayers set is fantastic.

As for the disc swapping aspect, that usually isn't an issue for me. Usually I watch one disc a sitting, so I'm never switching discs 100 times a day. On the other hand, I also don't keep discs in a machine when I finish. I will never risk having a disc permenantly stuck in a machine again, especially in a machine like the PS3. Thus, I will be removing the disc after every viewing anyway, so it will be like I'm switching discs regardless.

From what I've seen if Discotek though, they do put as much quality into their products as they can, so I'm sure it will be fine. Their Slayers set is fantastic.

As for the disc swapping aspect, that usually isn't an issue for me. Usually I watch one disc a sitting, so I'm never switching discs 100 times a day. On the other hand, I also don't keep discs in a machine when I finish. I will never risk having a disc permenantly stuck in a machine again, especially in a machine like the PS3. Thus, I will be removing the disc after every viewing anyway, so it will be like I'm switching discs regardless.

Wait, Discotek released Slayers Blu-ray? I know Funimation released Season 4 (REVOLUTION) and Season 5 (EVOLUTION-R) on Blu-ray years ago (https://www.amazon.com/Slayers-Comp...ayers+Blu-ray&qid=1564958679&s=gateway&sr=8-2), but as far as I've checked, I don't see Discotek release of that series.

I'm curious how Discotek got the distribution rights to Juspion. Prior to announcement, I always assumed Saban (formerly) and Shout had the licensing/distribution rights to EVERY Metal Hero Series, due to adaptation: VR Troopers (Metalder, Spielban, Shaider (Season 2; Ryan Second Suit) and Beetleborg (B-Fighter and B-Fighter Kabuto).

D

Dr Kain

Nevermind, I'm an idiot. I was thinking it was Discotek who did Slayers because I bought the DVD set from their booth. I just looked and it is Funimation's release.

Anyway, this is going to be fun. Discotek made the disc be all one giant 42GB file, so that means when I go to rip the footage I need for my review, I'm going to have to input specific time stamps otherwise I'll get one giant 18 hour file. Joy. That's going to be annoying.

I did watch the first 6 episodes so far and it's okay. The first episode was just a mess as it crammed way too much into it without properly explaining anything. I did like that the first few episodes took place in space, but I guess they ran out of their budget for the first quarter and had to quickly find an excuse to keep Juspion on Earth. I also don't like how out of place the comedy feels as the characters are being written like this is a serious situation and then we get Juspion and Anri making funny faces and stuff out of the blue. Nevertheless, that's only 6 episodes, so I'm sure things will shape up over the remaining 40 episodes.

I still don't fully understand how Blurays work or how the recording process for a single disc works. I kind of know how it works if you're making a home-made Bluray with a blank disc, but that doesn't reflect how official releases work.

All I want to know is... Does cramming all the episodes on one disc affect the quality of the episodes in any way? Obviously, I don't have a Japanese DVD/Bluray to compare it to. I know I can be a broken record asking this question, but I always get a little uneasy when I hear things like this. I've bought bootleg DVDs where tons of episodes were crammed on one disc, and the outcome was not pretty.

D

Dr Kain

Well DVD discs are only 8GBs, BDs are 50. A normal SD 22 minute episode of a show is usually between 700MB - 1GB, which is why companies like Shout! Factory can fit 6-7 Sentai episodes on a disc and still have room left over.

Juspion's episodes are the same since they are in SD, as such, the 50GB disc is able to hold the entire series due to that.