D

Dr Kain

Ughhh, of course the henshin sequence takes way too long.

Sorry, but if you think this henshin sequence is long, you need to watch JAKQ. No henshin sequence will ever compare to that joke.

I've seen some theories that Seiji Takaiwa might actually be the suit actor for Valkyrie instead of Zero-One when you look at how they move and the hand gestures.

Be interesting to see if that is the case.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
I wonder if he'll have some sort of random, theme-related catchphrase this year... like, "I project your ass will hit the floor in the next quarter," or... ok, I had, like, three of these last night & they've all decided to leave, except for that one.

I've seen some theories that Seiji Takaiwa might actually be the suit actor for Valkyrie instead of Zero-One when you look at how they move and the hand gestures.

Personally, I think Seiji Takaiwa should step down as suit actor for the main rider once Zi-O ends. I mean, he's been doing suit acting for nearly every main Heisei rider (the only exceptions being Kuuga and Hibiki) for almost 20 years now, and with the Heisei era over this would be a great opportunity for him to pass the torch to a newcomer for the next generation of Kamen Rider.

D

Dr Kain

You can tell a suit actor just by how they move their hand? o_O

Would like to change his avatar
You can tell a suit actor just by how they move their hand? o_O

Takaiwa's infamous for always doing this posing thing with his hand, people had a collage of it when Build pics were first hitting.

I've gotten crap in the past for trying to guess suit actors, but if you're a fan of suit acting and the suit actor is good enough to have their own distinct style, it's easier to spot them. I don't think there's any way Takaiwa would play a heroine, though. Especially not after his run of being the go-to guy for the main Rider, "Mr. Heisei Rider."

Zero-One looks tall and bulky to me. I'm not saying it's him, because it's likely not, but my first thought was that he looked like Jiro Okamoto.

A simple passerby...
I thought it was already rumored and to a certain extent, confirmed that Takaiwa is now an action director in a sense? Don't take my word for it, but that's the talk that's going on my circle of friends.

Would like to change his avatar
I thought it was already rumored and to a certain extent, confirmed that Takaiwa is now an action director in a sense? Don't take my word for it, but that's the talk that's going on my circle of friends.

I don't know where anyone got that, unless they're confusing that with suit-actor Jun Watanabe (who's only played a bunch of secondary Riders) being announced as the action director for Zero One.

Zero-One apparently makes two appearances in the Zi-O summer movie, "Over Quartzer".

One at the beginning where Woz does a "rejoice!" speech heralding his arrival, while a crows chants his name. This turns out to be one of Sougo's prophetic dreams but when he tells Geiz about it he dismisses the idea that their battle ends and another Rider appears as being just plain silly.

He then appears again in a post-credit scene, where he fights against one of the movie-exclusive Riders, Zonjis.
Well gosh, since they were making such a big deal about the end of Heisei and the start of Reiwa, I would have guessed that they would at least attempt to try something different from the current Phase 2 tone.
Aah OK, so I haven't missed something in all the rush? Cool.

Maybe I just tend to be a bit more cynical about this stuff. It seems like every couple of years one franchise or another is declaring that it's a brand new era for them, and yet toku still seems to be a slow, grinding evolution.
I mean the last couple of shows in the 90s.
Kabutack and Robotack? I don't know much about their content, but they both really look like Robocon to me lol.
Actually, there is a pun here if you translate correctly. Zero-One can translate as Rei Wan, and it’s a reference to the fact that it’s the first Reiwa Rider series.
First of all, welcome! It's always great to see new people here.:D

I've seen this theory going around a lot but it doesn't quite work for me. If I "translate correctly", as you put it, then "Zero One" becomes "Rei Ichi". The only way to get a pun is if you mix Japanese with English and then drop the "n" sound from the number one.

I agree it's probably a reference to Kamen Rider #1 (Ichigo), and to binary code which fits the AI themes of the series. But as a "Reiwa" reference, IMO it just seems a lot more contrived than the puns they usually use in these shows. Of course, your mileage may vary.
He's not the action director. That's Jun Watanabe. There's been no official word as to who is in the suit. It's just people guessing based on their proportions and body language.

I wouldn't mind if Takaiwa became a secondary Rider that appeared later in the show, or even took a year out. When he wasn't in Hibiki, he switched over to Sentai and played Magi Red for a year, so the guy hasn't really had any significant time off since Agito started filming in late 2000. Like, someone tell him to go take his wife on vacation or something; He's more than earned a break from stuffing himself inside a sweaty rubber suit with zero visibility.

It would be cool if they brought in someone new who knew some different combat styles just to mix things up, but I doubt they'd put someone completely new in the main Rider suit. Normally you have to slowly progress from playing villain foot-soldiers to monsters of the week to secondary characters then up to other main characters.

Last edited:
K

Kamen Rider IXA

Not really feeling any particular interest in Zero-One for now, but Ex-Aid with better suits and Ghost-level soundtrack sounds pretty alright.
Ohmori so far is the only Toei producer whose next show is always better than the previous one (even if he started really low with Kyoryuger), so regardless of how Zero-One turns out to be, it'll likely be the best modern Toei can deliver.