D

Dr Kain

And it's funny -- I feel like Sentai needs to get away from the mecha and find some new gimmick to latch onto. I already figured they wouldn't do it, but now that Rider is getting mecha happy, that says that Japan will never not be mecha happy.

I don't think it needs to get rid of the mecha, it just needs to tone down the focus. Go back to doing it the way of the 90s and only use the mecha when the plot actually requires it. Hell, spend several episodes developing your cast and then have them earn their mecha like 6 episodes later.

Kamen Rider is getting out of hand too. I mean look at those pictures, 7 riders right off the bat? Jesus. No wonder characters are no longer getting development because Toei can't figure out which characters to focus on anymore because they always have to show off every one of them every episode and then introduce even more down the line.

Go back to doing it the way of the 90s and only use the mecha when the plot actually requires it.

Not that I disagree with this approach (I approve of it, and do so in my own fics) but even the 90s Sentais never did that; mecha fights were in almost every episode, just like Sentai has always done.

Hell, spend several episodes developing your cast and then have them earn their mecha like 6 episodes later

Only a few Sentais ever did that. Zyuranger through Carranger were the only string of shows where the main mecha didn't appear until later in the show, and even then the first episodes still featured individual mechas fighting instead of the combined robot.

Supposed leaked poster:

attachment.jpg
Just going according to randos on twitter, the vertical text above the series logo says "Learning completed. Initiating Progrise." Under the logo is confirmation that the show begins on September 1st.

That central circle on the belt is very bright. I wonder if they're planning on having an Agito-style glow on it?

A simple passerby...
"Progrise" is just a pun on "Progress" I think. I'm liking the suit the more I see it, but that neon-looking yellow just has the sicky-icky feeling to it, so I'm now even more mixed up on the color-pallet. I need to see this in action before I make a final conclusion on how I feel about it.

I'd prefer a duller "Agito" yellow, but this is nowhere near as aesthetically offensive as the Ex-Aid suits.

Is the official name then "01" or "Zero One"?

D

Dr Kain

Only a few Sentais ever did that. Zyuranger through Carranger were the only string of shows where the main mecha didn't appear until later in the show, and even then the first episodes still featured individual mechas fighting instead of the combined robot.

That's half of the 90s series. Also, Ohranger didn't have any mech show up until episode 7 while Carranger didn't have mecha until 5. They even fought giant creatures by themselves.

Not to mention Dairanger had many episodes without mech battles at all. Dairanger is an oddball though as only 6 episodes of the entire show are filler.

A simple passerby...
I've seen this floating around a few places, but there are indeed 5 Riders.

Zero-One
Vulcan
Valkyrie
Horobi
Jin (the pink one next to Horobi, and it seems like his Progrise Key is shared with Zero-One).

Here's my initial impression of Zero-One.
I really like the design, where it reminds me of Showa~Early Heisei Design, due to bug/insect design.
It's also interesting a yellow/light green for MAIN Rider, where most of them were Red (Wizard, Drive, and Build), Pink (Ex-Aid, Zi-O (little bit)), and Orange (Gaim, Ghost). Since Ryusoulger lacks yellow (not counting gold) on practically anything, Toei are making up for it.
This is just me, but the design and coloring kind of reminds me of Hope Pym/The Wasp from Ant-Man.
The collector's gimmick/item this time is cassette, which is kind of interesting.
I really hope there won't be infamous "Kamen Rider gimmick number theory" that started since Decade; based on belt design and gimmick, it doesn't represent 12 this time... I think/hope.