Mill Creek has licensed the ENTIRE Ultraman library !!!!!!

D

Dr Kain

I'm definitely going to get Ultra Q, but I'm not sure if it will be Day 1 or not. I guess I could always put some of my Patreon funds towards it since I am going to review it for the channel anyway.

I also feel like I must have it because it would be weird having "Series 2" on my shelf without 1.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

Hope this leads to series like Nexus and Mebius getting more exposure in the west.

Ultra Q is basically Twilight Zone with Kaiju, so it's worth the watch (I personally don't find it as good as TZ, though when it tries to be weird it really shines).

D

Dr Kain

Hope this leads to series like Nexus and Mebius getting more exposure in the west.

Ultra Q is basically Twilight Zone with Kaiju, so it's worth the watch (I personally don't find it as good as TZ, though when it tries to be weird it really shines).

Well considering I'm currently watching the original Twilight Zone for the first time, I doubt anything is going to be as good as it. My god that show is just incredible all around for its top notch writing to its incredible production values. I'm halfway through Season 3 and I see why everyone is always ripping it off or trying to steal ideas from it.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

I doubt anything is going to be as good as it.
Yeah, maybe that's part of the reason why both Ultra Q and 1966 Series don't quite live up to their reputation for me.
They aren't bad obviously and I enjoy them just fine, but there is always a little thought at the back of my mind that I've seen a superior version that goes further and doesn't feel like something holding it back. Another reason why I prefer goofier side of Ultra Q which don't give any shits and just does its weird thing.

D

Dr Kain

Well the original Ultraman I highly enjoy despite it having issues. It would most definitely make my top 10, maybe just barely make top 5, but I'm not sure yet since I haven't seen enough Ultra series. Seven though, Seven takes everything that Man failed at and rectifies it.

Would like to change his avatar
I just saw that Amazon has the steelbook releases for both shows for $27.99 and the regular releases for $21.99. I thought this was pretty strange when the retail price is $50, and then I noticed Amazon said both sets are only one disc, when the press release said 6 (for Ultraman, at least).

I don't know if it's a mistake on Amazon's part or if Mill Creek's pulling something. (Frankly, I never really trusted Mill Creek -- they've built their company on buying shows for cheap and selling them even cheaper, in unfancy packages and low video quality.) This drastic price drop suggests something -- like maybe they decided to do these as SD on BD, when people were hoping for the same HD quality as is released in Japan.

I think I'll hold off on buying these sets until they're released and I see some reviews saying they're worth buying.

D

Dr Kain

Ultra Q is 4 discs and Ultraman is 6 discs. Also, why would you be surprised to see the price be $28 for the steelbook sets? That's normal. Most products drop to almost 50% off SRP when they actually hit stores. Best Buy is also selling them for those prices.

They're using Tsuburaya's HD encodes, so of course these are going to be worth buying.

Would like to change his avatar
FWIW, if anyone else was scared off by Amazon's listings saying these sets are only one disc each, Mill Creek says that's inaccurate and that they're 4 and 6 disc sets as originally stated. Just wanted to confirm that.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
I paid for this commission. Thank you Mill Creek for finally ending Chaiyo's rampage.

F1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.jpg