62085973_437748823439009_6969755228665020416_o.jpg
Time zones are for amateurs.

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kamen Rider Zi-O, episode 40; "2017: Grand Climax!".
(Episode title's translation may vary depending on your fansub group of choice.)
This week: Though Sougo acquired the Grand Zi-O Ridewatch, it disappeared as the result of Yuto's meddling with the timeline. On top of that, Time Riders realize that Another Den-O made a contract with the Mole Imagin as they and the DenLiner crew join forces to reclaim the stolen DenLiner from Another Den-O while Sougo ends up having another encounter with Oma Zi-O.

This thread was made with Toku Prime's permission. And remember, this is a SPOILER ZONE! If you are trying to avoid spoilers, this is not the place for you.​

For some reason I loved that moment where the Momo-possessed Woz throws away his future history book in order to transform.

Also, that transformation jingle is SO over the top that it becomes amazing.

R

raden238

The henshin jingle was actually decent to me. But man that Grand Ridewatch is fugly. It's like a giant gold biscuit and the suit itself is still horrible. I will give them credit for at least being different for summoning the Rider clones via taken them out of their own respective moments in time to help out. Also Grand Zi-O can summon any weapon from the Legend Riders to use. Doesn't get more OP than that.

Hello everyone! I know I'm a little late to the party, but now that my aunt's visit is over, I can hopefully get to a point where I can watch these episodes sooner.

Well, I guess I was kind of right. Once Takuya saw the past play out for real, he understood that Yukihiro was not to blame after all. Oh, and that "Feel free to hate me if it makes you feel better" cliche again. Only in Japan do you see that.

Still, I can't help but feel like everything just sort of -happened- in this episode. The conflict was resolved, but not in a super satisfying, emotional way like what they were going for. Yuuto finally realized Sougo was a good guy, but the revelation wasn't some grand reveal, it just happened. Many of the beats of this episode were just very flat, not enough emotion or grandiose. Even Yuuto could see that Grand Zi-O was not the same Oma Zi-O he must have seen at some point, but instead of making that into a great moment between him and Sougo, Yuuto just waves it off with a "Oh, nevermind."

But regardless of the criticisms, I am beginning to really enjoy Grand Zi-O. Summoning Riders and their finishers is one thing, but using their weapons is awesome! I hope that means Zi-O can also summon and use their bikes if he wants, since he did summon the Suika Arms. And we may not have gotten to see regular Zi-O in Den-O Armor, but we still got to see Momo as Den-O before transforming into Climax Form. So that's something!

The hype for the next episode is real. Here's hoping it makes up for the otherwise lack of pacing in this episode.