releasepost39.png
Time and time again.

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kamen Rider Zi-O, episode 39; "2007: DenLiner Crash!".
(Episode title's translation may vary depending on your fansub group of choice.)
This week: As Kujigojidō receives a surprise visit from the Taros Imagin when they need Junichirō Tokiwa to repair the DenLiner, the Time Riders find themselves dealing with Kamen Rider Zeronos and a new Another Den-O.

This thread was made with Toku Prime's permission. And remember, this is a SPOILER ZONE! If you are trying to avoid spoilers, this is not the place for you.​

A simple passerby...
I have a hard time taking this Another Den-O actor seriously. There was a shot when he was first introduced where he pushed his dead sister's boyfriend away, and all I saw was this triangle G-string looking underwear where I could almost see half his butt. Can't help but wonder if this was the costume department's responsibility or the actor thinking it was cool.

Also, this Ryutaros fake hip-hop dancing shtick is getting so old I'm actually really annoyed to see it. I also noticed when Momotaros transformed using Geiz's body, they used that camera technique they use when Den-O fights. God, that was so out of place. It's like, literally a checklist they need to get to whenever the Imagins appear in any other Rider series that Momotaros needs to posses the other Riders, whichever one available, do the "Ore Sanjou" and the walk, and the style of fighting.

And, I called this **** happening when I saw Kiriya returning in Hibiki and then saw his actor again in scans for the Den-O episodes. Like... they really couldn't help themselves could they, to have a throwback that they do look identical, but aren't the same person.

Oh right, the way Grand Zi-O works... yeah, he's just literally touching himself to summon other Riders. Like... how did they think this was gonna be in any way cool? Or even entertaining?

R

raden238

Oh right, the way Grand Zi-O works... yeah, he's just literally touching himself to summon other Riders. Like... how did they think this was gonna be in any way cool? Or even entertaining?

It looks stupid and the suit itself is horrible. People were giving Decade Complete shick for looking terrible but its way better than Grand Zi-O. K-touch was a much better way of summoning the Rider clones.

Lurker
Well actually Fourze did it too, in more subtle way. Grand Zi-O just messed it more with obvious Rider statue and fact that some of them placed on his leg. I felt this design put some Rider look less respected than others.

A simple passerby...
Fourze's design is at least aesthetically pleasing, even if I hate the rocket head. Like, I've actually sat down and tried to draw Grand Zi-O just to see what frame of thought the person who designed this was thinking going into it, and like, all I'm saying is, that's just a huge waste of time. Drawing that many gestures on a person is like, challenging and all, you have to make the positioning of the Rider statues on him pretty accurate, and the end result still looks like a clusterf*ck. I thought Oma Zi-O felt like a pretty mediocre kitbashing of a design, but now, it looks even better than Grand Zi-O itself.

I'm actually coming around to Grand Zi-O's design. But sure, thanks, "he's just literally touching himself to summon other Riders". Way to ruin it for me. I was all ready tired of people making dirty jokes at the expense of Kiva's Zanvat Sword, now I have to get even more of it here. Can we please just not? He's summoning Riders similar to how DiEnd does it; doesn't that count for something?

As for the episode itself, if no one saw the movie Heisei Generations Forever, you're fine. If you DID see it, then just remember that Sougo never actually got the Den-O Ride Watch in that movie, and that's why he's getting it now.

Usually, I can look at the interior of the Den-Liner to explain which version of Den-O we are looking at. If it matches the interior from the show, we are looking at the original Den-O. If we are seeing a different interior, like the one from Decade, it's probably some alternate/parallel version of Den-O. And even though they all ready clarified that these are the original Den-O characters from the show, if there's any inconsistencies with Den-Liner's interior design... Well, they did say it needed repairs, so I guess a remodel isn't completely out of the question. (And if anyone ask where the Owner or anyone else; they're probably in another car.)

Personally, I was fine with them pointing out Kiriya and Sakurai's actor being the same person. It's all in good fun. If we can't have fun with ourselves, then what are we suppose to do, be boring the whole time? Somehow, I actually found the Den-O Imagin a bit more tolerable this time around. Not completely, but I'm not ripping my hair out, so that's a good sign. In fact, I found Ryutaros possessing Zi-O's uncle the funniest scene in the whole episode. He's clearly too old to dance like a youngster, but he's trying anyways! And then seeing him have fun on the Den-Bird? How can you not love something like that? It's like this show has made him a kid again.

I do want to see how this story plays out. I'm not sure how that Imagin lashing out at Takuya is suppose to "help" him. I get the feeling that this animosity between Takuya and Yukihiro is all a big misunderstanding, and when they see things play out in the past, Takuya will realize that he misunderstood the situation or something like that. And since I'm finding things to criticize... I don't like how Trinity Form somehow wasn't enough to defeat the Another Rider. I know it's a two-parter, but it still downgrades Trinity's power. And I find it odd how Sougo got his upgrade for Grand Zi-O. It's like, we really didn't need to get all the watches after all? Just needed enough of them, and Den-O's too, and that's enough to get your golden form? Okay. It's random and odd, but sure, if that's what you want to do. Why am I suddenly hearing the Super Mario 1-Up jingle?

Last edited:
A simple passerby...
I'm actually coming around to Grand Zi-O's design. But sure, thanks, "he's just literally touching himself to summon other Riders". Way to ruin it for me. I was all ready tired of people making dirty jokes at the expense of Kiva's Zanvat Sword, now I have to get even more of it here. Can we please just not? He's summoning Riders similar to how DiEnd does it; doesn't that count for something?

I do want to see how this story plays out. I'm not sure how that Imagin lashing out at Takuya is suppose to "help" him. I get the feeling that this animosity between Takuya and Yukihiro is all a big misunderstanding, and when they see things play out in the past, Takuya will realize that he misunderstood the situation or something like that. And since I'm finding things to criticize... I don't like how Trinity Form somehow wasn't enough to defeat the Another Rider. I know it's a two-parter, but it still downgrades Trinity's power. And I find it odd how Sougo got his upgrade for Grand Zi-O. It's like, we really didn't need to get all the watches after all? Just needed enough of them, and Den-O's too, and that's enough to get your golden form? Okay. It's random and odd, but sure, if that's what you want to do. Why am I suddenly hearing the Super Mario 1-Up jingle?

How does my comment "ruin" it for you? There are comments all over the internet about things I like and stupid memes, but to let that get to you is like letting people tell you what you should think. Also, his ability is like DiEnd. Great, we can't even get a unique enough skill for our anniversary Rider, it needs to be some kind of rip-off.

Also, Zi-O does have all the Ridewatches. Geiz had the Drive Ridewatch with him which I think Sougo has kept. Beyond that, Drive is also the only Rider he hasn't visited yet. I do agree, the downgraded Trinity. But you're talking about a show that has committed so much crimes when it comes to powerscaling the entire Heisei Rider history, that it's kind of hard to gauge what anyone is actually capable of because Zi-O's usage of other Riders power always seem to only be useful until he needs a need Ridewatch, even if that new one is now an overkill.

I made a point of watching the Heisei Generations Forever movie before watching this episode, but I don't think they go together. Sougo is asking the same "what's an Imagin" level questions in both. That's a shame, even though it is probably the weakest of the Heisei Generations films.

Always love me some Den-O, so I liked this. Not sure why he's getting the Grand Zi-O powers before he earns the Drive watch, unless they're going to slide the summer movie (which will feature Mach and Krim) into continuity somewhere here?

I didn't like Grand Zi-O in drawings, but I kinda like the pictures I've seen of the actual suit. It's like he's a golden mecha being piloted by a tiny Zi-O!

Then again, I don't mind the clusterf*** forms like Decade Complete.
But sure, thanks, "he's just literally touching himself to summon other Riders". Way to ruin it for me.
What, as opposed to Wizard who had to put his hand over his crotch to use any of his powers?
I'm not sure how that Imagin lashing out at Takuya is suppose to "help" him.
IIRC it was a pretty common thing in the Den-O series that Imagin would fulfill wishes in ways that the contract holder didn't necessarily intend.
So in this case, the contract holder made a pretty vaguely worded wish for Another Den-O to be "helped", so the Imagin made sure he wasn't defeated in this fight. That helped him, so it fulfilled the wording of the contract even if it isn't what the kid meant.

Lurker
I think rather than Diend, Grand Zi-O summoning is closer to Decade Complete or Ghost Grateful. Actually my first thought when scan come out, Grand Zi-O mechanism will be same to Grateful, but instead we get every summon do final attack. OOO final attack even have flying concrete which exactly happened when he fight against Kazalli Yummy. I guess rather than summon rider, Grand Zi-O power is invoking some kind of dejavu finishing attack from past Rider.

Den-O is good. I was stop caring about its messed up story, after they keep call for Den-O movie even though original cast start to leave one by one. As long as it is Imagin story and they are being silly, I just accept it is as Imagin story rather than Ryotaro story and they have more freedom to make plot story with that character.

How does my comment "ruin" it for you? There are comments all over the internet about things I like and stupid memes, but to let that get to you is like letting people tell you what you should think.

You realize that your comment could have been worded differently, right?
You could have said "He's just touching his armor/suit/Rider statues", but instead you went with "touching himself". Kind of an oddly specific choice of words. Not sure what else I was suppose to think.

I made a point of watching the Heisei Generations Forever movie before watching this episode, but I don't think they go together. Sougo is asking the same "what's an Imagin" level questions in both. That's a shame, even though it is probably the weakest of the Heisei Generations films.

[...]

What, as opposed to Wizard who had to put his hand over his crotch to use any of his powers?

I may need to watch the movie again to be sure, but the impression I got was that the Den-O moments happened so fast that Sougo and the rest didn't really have time to fully understand what Den-O was all about. Either way, I'm in a good mood, so I'm trying to be positive about the fact that we're getting a Den-O story arc. It's more than Double has gotten so far. It'd be nice if that changes in the next coming episodes, but it looks like this show is getting ready to wrap everything up.

...Also, you're really trying to make me blush right now, aren't you?