D

Dr Kain

Welcome to a new video series I am calling Power Rangers vs Super Sentai. In this series, I will be comparing and contrasting the Power Rangers and Sentai episodes that follow the same plot despite having a mildly different execution. In this episode, I take a look at the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers episode "Power Punks" and compare it to the Zyuranger episode "Beware of Shaved Ice." How do they compare? Watch to find out.

Nice comparison, man!

Lately, I've believed that it's never a case of black and white. There are times where Power Rangers did it better, there are times when Super Sentai did it better. This comparison video proves that. Not just in seasons or episodes, but in moments within episodes too.

Over all, I think the ZyuRanger episode did it better (not perfect, but better), but the Power Rangers episode still had some merit. And I can't wait to see the next comparison, whatever it may be. Doing individual episode reviews is become very popular on YouTube these days, so doing episode comparisons like this should grant you limitless video possibilities.

D

Dr Kain

Nice comparison, man!

Lately, I've believed that it's never a case of black and white. There are times where Power Rangers did it better, there are times when Super Sentai did it better. This comparison video proves that. Not just in seasons or episodes, but in moments within episodes too.

Over all, I think the ZyuRanger episode did it better (not perfect, but better), but the Power Rangers episode still had some merit. And I can't wait to see the next comparison, whatever it may be. Doing individual episode reviews is become very popular on YouTube these days, so doing episode comparisons like this should grant you limitless video possibilities.

Thanks, it will, and I feel like it is something different. Every time someone talks about comparing Power Rangers and Sentai they always do series comparisons and they're opinion tends to sway either into, "PR is better because I grew up with it," or, "Sentai is superior because that was the original."

I did a panel on these two episodes a few years back before I started my channel and got the idea to kick it off as an actual video series. I was going to do it last year, but turning everything into a full on business took a lot of time, so I wasn't able to set aside the time to do it since I was focusing on the reviews last year. With this, it gives me something I can do between reviews as it's not too difficult to edit and it will keep me from feeling a burnout.

I also toyed with the idea of doing like a scoring system with categories like Plot, Characters, Effects, Music, etc, but I felt that would take away from my entire point as some would focus on the score and I would end up with the same conundrum I just mentioned about the attitude towards the two franchises.

Except for one dude, everyone seems to have enjoyed the video so I'm going to try to not take too long to do another one. I think the next episode I'm going to focus on is the Power Rangers Zeo and Ohranger episode where Kat/Momo gets injured and is helped by a dog guardian.