LVSP3904.jpg
I've seen 'The Incredibles', I know that capes and jet engine intakes are a bad idea.
This week: Probably one of the biggest story developments of the series, as it's revealed that Zamigo's frozen victims aren't killed but captured somewhere, it turns out Noel has never encountered the ice man before, a nice Jetman reference in the Collection piece, apparently bigger planes give you the ability to see into the future, and that plane seems too big to be just another auxiliary mecha.

D

Dr Kain

What a joke this episode was. They took 39 episodes to finally have Zamigo fight the rangers and he got his ass beat like a little *****. Another complete and utter let down from this show.

Lurker
11 episode remaining and no power up for Patranger.
11 episode remaining and no story about villain. Who and why Gangler stole Lupin Collection? And they conveniently have part of their body as a safe and the only way to use any collection which not Dial Fighter.

D

Dr Kain

Yeah, this show is a bust as far as plot and development is concerned. I just recently rewatched Gekiranger and while the first quarter was a slog to get through, everything afterwards was so damn good, especially because more than half of the show broke the Sentai formula. Why is Toei so god damn afraid to do another Gekiranger? Do they feel like they can just get to the 50th anniversary on cruise control like they did in the 80s during Soda's era?

Who and why Gangler stole Lupin Collection? And they conveniently have part of their body as a safe and the only way to use any collection which not Dial Fighter.
This has been addressed to some extent.

The Collection items belonged to the Ganglers in the first place. Arsene Lupin somehow found his way to their dimension and stole them, so the Ganglers found their way here in order to retrieve their property. Now the Lupinrangers are trying to take their stuff for a second time.

The safes are not so much convenient as they're how the Collection pieces were meant to be used. They have to be modified in order for humans to use their power, as they're not meant for us.
Why is Toei so god damn afraid to do another Gekiranger?
Er, largest ratings drop in a single season since the 1980s and - discounting LuPat as we don't have a final figure yet - the lowest toy sales since Timeranger (yes, even "bad selling" recent seasons like Go-Busters and Ninninger did better).

I love Geki too, but as far as the bean-counters are concerned it was a season the franchise had to recover from. And let's be honest, the bean-counters are definitely the ones in charge here.

D

Dr Kain

Well clearly gimmicking up a season is not worrking, so maybe they should hire better writers? I've said this before and I'll say it again, Toei needs a modern day Noboru Sugimura working on Sentai.

BTW, did you know there was one convention earlier this year that would not allow a shop to sell the Lupin/Pat guns at his booth because they don't allow gun-like weapons to be sold at their con? They didn't even tell him this in advanced, they told him when they saw his product on his table.

Lurker
This has been addressed to some extent.

The Collection items belonged to the Ganglers in the first place. Arsene Lupin somehow found his way to their dimension and stole them, so the Ganglers found their way here in order to retrieve their property. Now the Lupinrangers are trying to take their stuff for a second time.

The safes are not so much convenient as they're how the Collection pieces were meant to be used. They have to be modified in order for humans to use their power, as they're not meant for us.
Er, largest ratings drop in a single season since the 1980s and - discounting LuPat as we don't have a final figure yet - the lowest toy sales since Timeranger (yes, even "bad selling" recent seasons like Go-Busters and Ninninger did better).

I love Geki too, but as far as the bean-counters are concerned it was a season the franchise had to recover from. And let's be honest, the bean-counters are definitely the ones in charge here.

As far as I know, the only modified Collection was for Patranger, so they can use power of collection without have to transform to Lupinranger. While I think about it, I didn't remember any Gangler use power of collection from Dial Fighter. Gangler who have it last time even throw it out as bait rather than use it.

If collection is originally owned by Gangler, it is make sense they can't use modified one again, but they always told us that Gangler was the one who stole them from Lupin in opening song.
Can you tell me which episode that already reveal secret of this collection?

I didn't completely hate this episode. I thought it had some good points, honestly. I thought it was interesting that Noel had a similar motivation to the thieves, but not completely the same. For a second, I thought they were retconning the show while it was still running, but it turns out Noel just didn't have all the fine details about the thieves or Zamigo. I also liked the Victory Lupin Kaizer, but I get the feeling they are building up for the reveal of a new super combination between the LupinRanger's mecha and the PatRanger's mecha. The last one was okey, but visually speaking, it was very busy to look at. And was it just me, or did Good Striker make a Zyuohger reference?

What I was kind of disappointed about was the revelation of Zamigo's powers. I thought it would have made for a more compelling story if the thieves' frozen loved ones really were dead, but somehow I knew Toei wouldn't have the guts to do that; I just knew there'd be a convenient way to get them back. Kairi/Lupin Red needs to be careful about how he acts around Keiichiro/Pat #1, otherwise he's going to blow his cover (not like it matters much, the show is over half over by now). Also, I know this is horribly after-the-fact to ask this now, but if the police know that Noel is helping both sides, couldn't they bring him in for that? Maybe bring him up on charges of fraternizing, or aiding and abetting? No? Just a thought...

What a joke this episode was. They took 39 episodes to finally have Zamigo fight the rangers and he got his ass beat like a little *****. Another complete and utter let down from this show.

Eh, depends on your viewpoint...

It's not every day you get a power-up that can help you predict the future. When I watched this episode, the impression that I got was that the LupinRangers would have been unable to defeat him without Red becoming super. They did build up how dangerous his powers are all this time. And even when Zamigo retreated, he had to really improvise to do so. At the last second, he was able to deduce that Lupin Red's future-visions still had room for error. (And I get the odd feeling that Zamigo was still holding back, despite how badly he got beat.) Could be that seeing the future is limited to the immediate future only, or maybe it can be tricked depending on how random you are/how much thought you put behind your actions. Could be both of those factors. We'll need to see future episodes to be sure. Either way, it's way too powerful of a power-up to not have any flaws.

D

Dr Kain

Nah, I knew they weren't dead because this is post-2000s Sentai. When was the last time they actually killed civillians? I can't think of anything beyond Timeranger.

I get the power up, but this was the first time they actually fought Zamigo. They spent like the last 34 episodes teasing the character and their first actual clash has Zamigo getting his ass handed to him. What a joke. Remember when Juuzo and Takeru first fought in Shinkenger and Juuzo proved to be the better swordsman? Or Marvelous getting beat by Basco? Jin kicking Ryo's in Dairanger? Hakumenrou's first battle against the Kakurangers?

Can you tell me which episode that already reveal secret of this collection?
Episode 18. Destra and Gauche have a conversation where he says that the Collection originally came from their world and the humans modified it for their use. Later that episode they go into Good Striker's backstory where they describe him as the first one converted by Arsene Lupin. Or at least that's the term OverTime chose.