Apparently Lupin Yellow's actress is a bit of a big name casting. She used to be a part of Morning Musume, the second most popular idol group in Japan (the first being, of course, AKB48). She graduated in Autumn 2017 stating she had ambitions of becoming an actor instead. Interestingly there are supposedly quotes of her from her idol days saying that she was a big fan of Super Sentai.

Anyway from what I've read on twitter it seems that preorder sales of LupinYellow's soft vinyl figure (the only toy specific to that character so far) have skyrocketed on Amazon Japan since the casting was announced.
And I wish the designs were more subtle.
I'm more distracted by the female villain: I know they're aiming to make the head look like a mass of tentacles but she has a bit of accidental butt-face going on there from certain angles.

Also, is it just me or does the green ranger's actor really look like Geki Red with a different haircut?

Last edited:
Some kind of Beast mode
Alright, the ole bat is back. Here are some random thoughts.

The VS idea is cool, but It seems so obvious that the popular kids will be the Lupins and that the overall perception will be onesided. Add that so far they have more compelling stories and the added popularity of this yellow casting. They came to play. But if the Pats, especially Red can deal with some moral ambiguity or at least realize things can be grey and not just black and white, then the balance should feel equal.

That being said, even though both teams are literally cut out of the same cloth (torsos especially) the Lupins are so displeasing to the eye, I feel the Pats win by a landslide. Civi attire included. I actually love the Pats suits, and how their actors look. Sango is surprising me in how blunt and to the point, she seems to be. Their cop uniforms look cheap, i think its because of the thin track jacket material, but overall I think I'll be rooting for them for the most part.

A reoccurring black actor on sentai? That is my dream come true! I just saw this guy's interview on vice a few weeks ago too, so that is wild strange. If he can suit up eventually then I will lose my entire ****. The amount of dumb fantasies i've had of being "the first" black sentai senshi actually doesn't happen often but its happened often enough, lol in good detail. Doesn't matter though, he's in here for more than one episode, that is all that matters.

Helper bot looks like absolute garbage. Just uninspired and distastefully disproportionate.

D

Dr Kain

That's a watermelon. And I wish the designs were more subtle.

That's what I said...

Oops, that's not what I typed. Yeah, I meant watermellon. No idea why I typed Pineapple.

So the commander of the cops is some comedian that has made it big in Japan for making fun of American culture. I hope they do some good stuff with him in the show, but not go overboard like those dumbshits bosses from Drive.

BTW, I watched the 2 minute trailer Nihon subbed and they are really hyping up the Lupinrangers while the Patorangers seemed to be just there. Hopefully they aren't as bland in the show as they are in the trailer.

Some kind of Beast mode
People are still watching Vice?

I've always seen their name around, but I believe that was my first or second time watching their videos. Why, what up with them?

It's interesting you say that, because I tend to dodge popular youtube channels. I had my suspicions on them, but I see a black dude on Japanese TV for a living?? I gotta click.

Let's just say I'm more partial to its founder Gavin McInnes (who left years ago) than to the rest of the people there.

I don't really see the big deal with this Hilltop guy. Give Toei's penchant for wackiness, at best he'll just be a copy of the atrocious SCU from Drive. At worst... he'll be worse than them. :eek:

Some details have surfaced about the theme tune, "Lupinranger vs Patranger". The song will be a male/female duet (possibly the first since Goranger? I can't think of another offhand). The male part represents the Lupinrangers and the female part represents the Patrangers.

The male part will be sung by Yoshida Tatsuhiko and will be his first professional release. The female part will be sung by Yoshida Hitomi, a voice actress best known as the Japanese voice of Mimi in Digmon tri, who has also been professionally singing for the last 10 years, including performing the end themes for Smile PreCure and HappinessCharge PreCure. Sharp-eyes readers may have noticed that they both have the same family name but I don't know if they're actually related.

In addition to the main duet the theme is being re-arranged into two other songs. "Lupinranger, Turn The Dials!" will use only the male vocals from the main theme. "Chase You Up! Patranger" will only feature the female vocals.

Last edited:
Toei has announced that Irie Jingi, who previously played the lead role of 'Jiro' in the movie 'Kikaider Reboot', will be appearing in Lupinranger VS Patranger. He will play the human form of the Gangler general who was responsible for freezing the Lupinranger's loved ones.

DXM4kBnVAAAtevc.jpg