Why is every good TV show Cancelled
It's funny to me that Tokuprime and Dr Kain are the only people replying to this thread. Furthermore, there's literally only one mod, and homeboy's not even an admit.

I think a lot of people can't figure out how to get around the deceptive site block.

D

Dr Kain

It should be any time now since we usually don't learn about them until 3-4 weeks before the shows premier.

I'm betting we get a scan with at least the grunts in the next week.

The first teaser aired today:

watch
Carranger was a parody, and a clever one at that. There's a large difference between Carranger and the tripe that currently passes for comedy in Toei shows.
Carranger's comedy generally avoids the puns or slapstick that more recent Sentai favour. So if you don't care for those of course the different style will seem better. But Carranger only has a few episodes that make fun of the typical Sentai formula elements. Most of the time it plays them completely straight. So I struggle to see it as an outright parody series in the same way Akibaranger is.
I really wish Akibaranger would come back. Or a successor series.
Yeah I'd have liked to see more Akibaranger. Even the network wanted more: they comissioned Kanpai Senshi After-V to fill the timeslot when it became clear Toei didn't want to make more Akiba. Sadly it seems the show was seen as a way to promote Sentai Figuarts, which didn't sell well at all.
I think a lot of people can't figure out how to get around the deceptive site block.
That ended back in May didn't it? Or is there another one that I'm just not seeing?

D

Dr Kain

The Sentai Figuarts would have sold well if Bandai had actually committed to releasing an entire team. Who the hell wants to have a blue and red ranger in their collection but not the the other 3/4? In fact, I'm going to be selling off my Jetman Figuarts since they only did Hawk and Condor. It's pointless to have space used up by an incomplete team. Hell, if Dairanger wasn't my favorite Sentai series of all time, I would sell those two off as well (it also helps that I have the Legacy Tiger and Thunder MZ on the shelf whereas I own nothing else to Jetman).

Now Carranger is definitely a parody, but yes, it does play a lot of things straight, which makes it even funnier. It also makes it sad that the current stuff doesn't undersand how to do that.

Carranger only has a few episodes that make fun of the typical Sentai formula elements. Most of the time it plays them completely straight. So I struggle to see it as an outright parody series in the same way Akibaranger is.

Akibaranger parodies things in a different way. But from what I can remember almost every typical Sentai element that's in Carranger is parodied in some form, from the lazy heroes (the best joke regarding that happening toward the end), villains commenting on their scary appearance, the public ignoring the presence of aliens, getting new arsenal (ordering the Giga Booster from a space catalog), to the VRV Master/Robo arc, which is probably Carranger at its best.

That ended back in May didn't it? Or is there another one that I'm just not seeing?

The site block is gone for me, even when using public computers, so that appears to be completely resolved. There was also some issue preventing me from verifying my email information. If that is effecting other people, that could be preventing new account from signing in. Anyhow, I'm here now and this site, while slow, is definitely not dead, certain annoying people spamming up the forums notwithstanding.

More images and info. It's always in the middle of the night for my timezone lol!

There's also a 2 minute long trailer out but I can't yet find a good version on youtube to imbed. I will update this if/when one becomes available.

DTUnj_GWsAAL6Vw.jpg
DTUPr_6VAAABf6N.jpg:small

The Lupinrangers

Lupin Red / Kairi Yano - played by Itou Asahi (17 years old).
Lupin Blue / Tooma Yoimachi - played by Hama Shogou (23 years old).
Lupin Yellow / Umika Hayami - played by Kudo Haruka (18 years old).
The first character of each of their character names spell out Kai-To-U (Kaitou, or 'phantom thief').

DTUsJzEUQAEPONR.jpg
The Lupinranger's butler, Kogure.​

Kogure is played by Nukumizu Yoichi.

DTUnkyqWsAAptbu.jpg
DTUaA9yVoAEkkMR.jpg:small

The Patrangers
(and yes, green is packing a shotgun!)

Pat #1 / Keiichiro Asaka - played by Yuuki Kousei (23 years old).
Pat #2 / Sakuya Hikawa - played by Yokoyama Ryo (22 years old).
Pat #3 / Tsukasa Myoujin - played by Okuyama Kazusa (23 years old).
The first character of each of their character names spell out Kei-Sa-Tsu (Keisatsu, or 'police')

DTUT3sKXkAEYjPa.jpg:small

The Patrangers' boss, Commissioner Hilltop.

Commissioner Hilltop is played by Nigerian-American actor Ike Nwala, who is apparently a well-known comedian who appears regularly on TV in Japan.

DTUsJy_VMAE7Gpj.jpg
The Patrangers also get a helper robot called Jim Carter.
Yes. Really.​

DTWOostVMAA5YEG.jpg:small

From left to right: Destra Maajo, Dongranio Yaboon and Goche Ru Medou.

The Ganglers' boss is called Dongranio Yaboon. He stole the Lupin Collection and has split it between the members of his gang. At his 999th birthday party, he declares that whoever takes over the Earth will succeed him as the new boss of the Ganglers.

Yaboon has a loyal bodyguard called Destra Maajo and a female doctor called Goche Ru Medou (who will be responsible for reviving defeated Ganglers as giants).

Finally, a minor point. The theme song is being sung by Project R.

Last edited:
D

Dr Kain

Wait, 999th something, whoever takes over Earth gets to be a new boss, and a female who revives the Ganglers as giants? Oh god, it's Genis and his goons all over again.

I like the pineapple grenade design though.