Why is every good TV show Cancelled
At least one film? He's had several TV series and movies. Hell, the latest series is airing on Toonami right now.

lol. In Japan, where there's one, there's 50. So far, all I've seen is "Castle of Cagliostro" & that was mainly when I was on a Miyazaki kick a few years ago & that one kept getting recommended, despite the fact that it technically isn't one. It wasn't too bad, though & I generally have difficulty getting into most Animes.

The official Bandai announcement meeting begins at 9am JST on Thursday Dec. 7th. This meeting should give us our first look at the suits, explain what's going on with the two team names, and so on. I wouldn't expect any cast details just yet though.

For American fans that's 7pm EST on Weds Dec 6th, so you should start getting info about the show tomorrow evening. If anybody else feels like sharing the announcements on here, please do so. The UK is five hours ahead of you, so I shall be asleep as news starts leaking out onto the web.

D

Dr Kain

I have to say, I'm really curious as to what they are going to reveal.

Sorry for the delay, I was hanging on for at least one image.

Introducing...

Kaito Sentai Lupinranger VS Keisatsu Sentai Patoranger

DQik9EtWsAEQi-r.jpg

What we seem to know so far:

Lupinranger are the trio on the right (with capes). They are named after their colour: LupinRed, LupinBlue, LupinYellow. Yellow is a girl but the suit does not have a skirt.

Patoranger are the trio on the left (with police badges on their foreheads). They have numerical designations: PatorenIchigo (#1, red), PatorenNigo (#2, green), and PatorenSango (#3, pink). Though barely visible in this image, pink does have a skirt.

Both teams use the same transformation device, which are the guns they are all shown wielding. In addition, the Lupinrangers have a sword that can change into a grabbing arm. The Patorangers have police batons that can become megaphones.

Which ranger you transform into depends upon what collectable is attached to the gun. The collectables are generally known as VS Vehicles, or VSVs for short. The Lupinrangers will be using the little planes, which are called Dial Fighters and attach on top of the barrel. The Patorangers use the little cars, which are called Trigger Machines and attach underneath the gun barrel.

Each team can create a combined gun by combining their transformation guns and their three VSVs. In addition, the Lupinrangers have a final attack where they split into multiple copies of themselves. The Patorangers have a final attack where they merge into a single, more powerful being.

The VSVs are also their individual mechs. I think it's a ToQger type situation where their trains looked like the ones they used to transform with, but I've seen conflicting rumours as to how it will work.

There is a carrier mech called the GoodStriker. It is big enough to store six vehicles - the initial three for both teams. The GoodStriker will then combine with either the three Dial Fighters to form LupinKaizer or with the three Trigger Machines to form PatoKaizer. This means that only one team can form a combined mecha at any one time.

D

Dr Kain

Is that the only page? I mean, it seems odd at how it just cuts off the mecha.

Anyway, I like the designs of the Lupinrangers. Well, I like the design for the Patoranger (god that is a dumb name, more of Toei just throwing random words into a hat I see), but there doesn't look to be any difference between red and green other than color. Pink has a skirt at least.

I hope we get plot details soon and how the show is going to work along with a look at the villains.

It is interesting in how the Patorangers have land vehicles and the Lupinrangers have air ones.

R

raden238

Let's see, a Sentai series with Vehicle mecha?? Wow its a been a while since we've seen that. (Boukenger in 2006, being the last full series to have it, with Gokaiger and Toqger having Vehicle mecha as well). No animals, about time!!!!

Digging the designs of both Patranger and Lupinranger. I don't like the long title of the show though. Toei should of just picked one of the teams as the title. Like Hurricanger and the Gouraigers.

The gun changer looks cool and seems like they're taking the Toqger route with using mini versions of their mecha as the collectible of the series. I just wish one year, we get classic wrist-watch changers again like the Live Brace.

Can't wait for more scans to be leaked, because the mecha on the right is cut off. But so far, I'm sold.

Is that the only page? I mean, it seems odd at how it just cuts off the mecha.
Ask and ye shall receive. PatoKaizer on the left, LupinKaizer on the right.

DQjp3SoVwAA4_2W.jpg
With thanks to @dunsworkshop
Well, I like the design for the Patoranger (god that is a dumb name, more of Toei just throwing random words into a hat I see), but there doesn't look to be any difference between red and green other than color.
The lower edge of their black visors is different. Red's comes down to a point while green's goes up again. I'm reserving judgement until I get a better look at what their chest design is..
Let's see, a Sentai series with Vehicle mecha?? Wow its a been a while since we've seen that. (Boukenger in 2006, being the last full series to have it, with Gokaiger and Toqger having Vehicle mecha as well). No animals, about time!!!!
Well these are only the first quarter toys. There's plenty of time for them to have movie-exclusive animal mechs like ToQger did. Animal toys just sell so well apparently.

R

raden238

Ugh its another case of cool designs but the toy itself being bland. As a former collector, I always love it when Sentai Mechs have more transformation steps etc... but once again, its pretty simple to combine. PatoKaizer is my favorite of the two. Got that Dekaranger vibe to it.

D

Dr Kain

Yeah, the mechs don't look like anything special as far as designs go based on the toys. I'm sure they will look better in the actual show.

PLOT
Some of the basics of the story have been revealed. The 'Lupin Collection' is a group of treasures with enough power to endanger the world. It is stolen by the 'Ganglers' who come from another world. The Lupinranger's goal is to reclaim the collection while the Patorangers goal is to take down the 'Ganglers'.

The catalog apparently confirms that Lupinranger vs Patoranger begins on February 11th 2018. If Kyuranger takes the typical one week break at New Year, it will end with 48 episodes.

CORRECTION OF EARLIER INFO
It seems you do not combine three VSVs with the gun to make the team bazooka. Instead you use the GoodStriker with a gun to make it. This is also what triggers the copy/merge attacks for each team.

The team cannons will still look different though because it turns out that GoodStriker is a triple changer, with a Dial Fighter Mode, a Trigger Machine mode and then being the core of the combined mecha.

Also visible in the pictures below are each team's fourth VSV (a green plane for Lupinranger and a motorbike for Patoranger), each team's unique weapon, and the Patoranger's merged form, PatorenUgo (if you look reeeally closely at the right-most red ranger figure, the right arm is pink and there are areas of pink on the right leg, while the left arm and areas of the left leg are green).

DQnHKBVX4AA04PK.jpg
"STORY" is where the plot basics above came from.

DQnHKA0WAAAO_WR.jpg
A proper scan of previously posted images.

DQnHKAnXcAALnBt.jpg:small

GoodStriker's two modes.

DQnHKAqXcAI1a0b.jpg:small

Weapons, sofubis etc.

Last edited: