Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
>watches the first 33 sentai in production order
>Megaranger is literally the only series I found bad

Gonna sit this out.

D

Dr Kain

Really? You found Megaranger to be worse than Turboranger and Fiveman?

Frankly, you should still buy the DVD to support it so we can get the next installment.

D

Dr Kain

PNIs6br.jpg

This is interesting. It's only 8 discs even though Toei's DVDs in Japan were on 10. I hope this doesn't mean a decrease in the video quality.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Hmm, I forgot Dr. Kain replied to me.
>noticed there is no quote button so I have to do this manually

Really? You found Megaranger to be worse than Turboranger and Fiveman?
Yes I did. 1. Megaranger is boring 2. Turboranger has the best opening theme in the entire franchise 3. Fiveman is top five material and easily Soda pop's best work and 4. Did you not state you would never watch Turboranger? Pretty sure you're not allowed to talk smack about something you never gave a legit chance, if you could you'd see me derailing Symphogear every week.
you should still buy the DVD to support it so we can get the next installment.
For something I don't like and despite the fact Gingaman's already been confirmed? Yeah, no, especially when I'm a guy that almost never rewatches things and outside of a few gunpla never buys merch. But I'll give Megaranger this: Better than Gokaiger.

D

Dr Kain

How would I have ever said I would never watch Turboranger when I watched that show like 10 years ago?

Saying Fiveman is Soda's best work is not really saying much when Soda's work is pretty mediocre at best. Of the shows I have watched or am currently watching, I actually consider Dynaman to be his best series as it is so energetic and full of life. Also, I'm not bored to death during the mech fights despite them being the same mech battle as every other one of his shows.

As for Fiveman itself, I thought the show started out solid but then fell apart when they began having those stupid plush toys make appearances. Although, I did like the episode where the grunts took command.

Finally, for Megaranger, I can not believe you found it boring. Sure, it is no Dai or Kaku, but the show has a lot going for it with a strong ranger cast that actually feel like teenagers, decent villains, excellent music, and some cool mecha.

Soda's work is pretty mediocre at best.

Hardly true. Bioman through Liveman is a solid run of good shows, Flashman and Liveman being among the best of the series.

As for Fiveman itself, I thought the show started out solid but then fell apart when they began having those stupid plush toys make appearances.

The plushies were fun. At least I could stomach them as opposed to Mandora, Hae or most of the rest of the "cutesy" characters in '00 and '10 Sentai.

D

Dr Kain

My biggest issues with Soda's series are that his ranger cast tends to be as exciting as watching paint dry and pointless mech battles.. They are highly underdeveloped and sometimes feel like they are only there because the show needs heroes. Hell, the pink and black rangers in Goggle V just disappear during the mech battles.

Now he does have some great villains in Changeman, Dynaman, and Liveman, but a lot of them seem rather pointless. For example, I'm currently watching Goggle V and the two scientists accomplished absolutely nothing to the point that they didn't even need to exist. The wall could have fulfilled their roles throughout the 15 episodes they were there.

The most significant thing I can say about Soda's era is that he really had some great camera operators as there are a lot of well shot fight scenes.

Bioman is one of my least favorite Sentai series. I give it credit for trying something new, and it's better than Goseiger, Ninninger, ToQ, and Turboranger, but barely.

I would rather have Mandoraboy over the plushes. He at least served a purpose and didn't pop up in the middle of the show for no reason.

My biggest issues with Soda's series are that his ranger cast tends to be as exciting as watching paint dry

Such as?

and pointless mech battles..

And that's different from other Sentais, how?

the pink and black rangers in Goggle V just disappear during the mech battles

They're piloting Goggle Caesar. At least that's something different from the usual fare.

Now he does have some great villains in Changeman, Dynaman, and Liveman, but a lot of them seem rather pointless. For example, I'm currently watching Goggle V and the two scientists accomplished absolutely nothing to the point that they didn't even need to exist.

Wasn't Goggle V his first Sentai where he's starting by just emulating what came before? It's Dynaman where we start seeing the beginnings of more developed characters and plots.

As for Deathdark as a whole, they're really not a bad concept for villains. They're very New World Order cultish. How they and villains like them are written however is another story. Kamen Rider has this problem: the series has always delved into secret societies with a dash of the paranormal, even the recent shows from W onward, but the execution hasn't always been that great.

Bioman is one of my least favorite Sentai series. I give it credit for trying something new, and it's better than Goseiger, Ninninger, ToQ, and Turboranger, but barely.

I would rather have Mandoraboy over the plushes. He at least served a purpose and didn't pop up in the middle of the show for no reason.

Liveman took what Bioman introduced and did it better.

What purpose, beyond being annoying?