As far as toy scans go...well TBH my attention has been taken over by the Kamen Rider Build stuff so aside from the previously announced Shishi Red Orion form and the summer movie-exclusive mech Cerberus Voyager, I don't really know what's coming up for Kyuranger's toyline. Outside of toys there's been more announcements though.

The Toei Tokusatsu Fanclub's streaming app, which was initially the only place you could see the Kamen Rider Brave special before it's DVD release, will get a Kyuranger special. Starting from September 9th it will begin streaming a four episode long mini-series spin-off called "From Episode of Stinger: Uchu Sentai Kyuranger: High School Wars".

The planet 'Sleevie' is an educational world which Jark Matter uses to brainwash the most brilliant students from all over the universe. The Kyurangers send Lucky, Stinger, Naga, Hammy, Spada and Kotaro to infiltrate the campus in order to foil Jark Matter's plans.

It will be directed by Koichi Sakamoto and the only additional actor announced so far is Hiroya Matsumoto, who previously played MagiYellow and BeetBuster and has so far appeared in three episodes of the show (plus cameos in all the end credits sequences).

I haven't seen any news as to whether the app will get all four episodes released at once or if they will be made available an episode at a time. Nor is there any information as to if/when this will later become available on DVD as the Brave special did.

Cool, thanks Toku Prime. :)

Any word on what the next arcs on the show are, now the 'Search for Argo' one has concluded?

So of course, having said there's no news, some scans pop straight up. So Naga's getting a (rather tacked-on) power-up.

DFpRefYWsAAmOGS.jpg:small

DFpRefUXkAA7mms.jpg:small

But to answer the question, I haven't seen any arc names/descriptions translated into English yet.

Interesting! Rare that a non-red, non-'sixth' ranger gets an upgrade. Be cool to see how this pans out, and if any other rangers follow suit.

A little info about some upcoming villains, the three Vice-Shoguns of Jark Matter. Most notably, all three are being voiced by actors who previously played Super Sentai heroes!

kyuren-sentai-vets-villains_orig.jpg

On the left is Akyanba, the only female Vice-Shogun. She is being voiced by Arisa Komiya a.k.a. Yellow Buster. She will be the most important at first, as she will cause Naga Rei to turn evil, giving him the Hebitsukai Metal upgrade seen above.

In the middle is Cuculga, who is being voiced by Naoya Uchida a.k.a. Denji Green.

On the right is Tecchu, whose voice is provided by Hiroshi Tsuchiya a.k.a. Ninja Blue.

New magazine scans!

kyuren-oct-04_orig.jpg

First up is a new mecha called the Orion Battler! Created from the combination of the Orion Voyager and Battle Orion Ship, it will be Shishi Red Orion's new mech.

kyuren-oct-06_orig.jpg

The Battle Orion Ship also "combines" with the three existing mechs (i.e. they stand behind it) to act as the Orion Bazooka.

kyuren-oct-09_orig.jpg

Finally the show will dig deeper into the history of Champ's creator, Professor Anton. It appears he forced by Jark Matter to create a fighting robot, the 'Cow-Type Utilitary Weapon #0'. This robot could be considered a prototype for Champ, who he created after escaping Jark Matter. However this robot has now been reactivated, and to stand against it Champ must once again don his mask (yes, Champ was a masked wrestler...and his masked head is smaller than his normal one...) and become a wrestler again.

I thought Orion Battler would be a carrier that all the other mechas would combine with and/or be stored in. Apparently not. I'm disappointed.

DVJzJRUUMAABtCe.jpg

Toei have now officially announced Kyuranger VS Space Squad. It is part of their new 'V-Cinext' project where films get a limited cinema release alongside a DVD/Blu Ray release. In this case, the cinema release is in June and the DVD/Blu Ray release is in August.

It will be directed by Koichi Sakamoto and written by Kyuranger's head writer, Nobuhiro Mouri. The only cast confirmed so far are all 12 Kyurangers along with new Gavan and new Shaider (played by Hiroaki Iwanaga, who was also Date in OOO).

0204%E8%A7%A3%E7%A6%81%E3%82%B9%E3%83%81%E3%83%BC%E3%83%ABs.jpg

Last edited:
A bit more info has come out about Kyuranger VS Space Squad. First up, it's been confirmed that it will be released on DVD and Blu-Ray on August 8th. Secondly, some casting details; Three actors who have previously had roles in toku are coming back as new characters.

Satomi Hirose, who played Ninja White in Kakuranger, will be playing a character called Tsurukiku.

Masayuki Deai, who was previously Bouken Silver, Kyoryu Grey and the Trigger Dopant from the Kamen Rider W movie, will be playing a character called Roy.

Finally, Yuko Takayama, who played detective Rinko Daimon in Kamen Rider Wizard, Kamen Rider Dark Necrom Y in the Kamen Rider Ghost movie, and a girl who had a contract with an Imagin in the movie Chou Den-O Trilogy Episode Blue, will play a character called Kimiko Naruse.

The latter two characters are described as "aides to the President".

Which those cameos of Sentai and Metal Heroes at the end of the last movie, I'm surprised Hirose isn't reprising her NinjaWhite role. Unless she is undercover.

I'm still hoping for some Metal Hero actors to return. I'd hate to see just a bunch of suits.

Which those cameos of Sentai and Metal Heroes at the end of the last movie, I'm surprised Hirose isn't reprising her NinjaWhite role. Unless she is undercover.
The odd thing is, Hirose's character in Kakuranger was called Tsuruhime and now she's playing a character called Tsurukiku, which is just similar enough to make me wonder whether there's meant to be some sort of relationship between those characters (or if there's some sort of Japanese language pun happening).

I'm still hoping for some Metal Hero actors to return. I'd hate to see just a bunch of suits.
Well we won't be seeing the new Sharivan again. His actor (who was previously Geki Violet) just announced he's retiring from the industry. Whoops.

It's a strange mix anyway. Space Squad (like the 10 Years After and Space Sheriff movies) is about rooted in nostalgia for older fans. Kyuranger fans will mostly be little kids and Toei have proved a few times now that little kids don't care for the nostalgia stuff. So why blend the two?