Power Rangers movie #3 - Coming Soon to a Theater Near You

Things I liked:

Anything Billy (and now he's a demolition expert along being a gear head, little brother to Jason, learning to fight, interaction with Alpha...also...notice Billy grabbing a pole arm to fight Rita unmorphed...Power Lance anyone? So much elements from MMPR Season 1)

The Individual Dinozords especially Pterodactyl...far more efficient than Guardian Beast Pterandon, Chi Beast Houou, and God Kark

Elizabeth Bank's Rita...is a f'ckin lunatic...far more psychotic than Witch Bandora...NO WAY IN HELL SHE'LL BECOME MAGIC MOTHER IN THIS INCARNATION

The Putties were actually menacing...HOORAY!!!

Things that made me face palm:

The destruction of a certain car...btw...the Tyrannosaurs Dinozord PWNS you

The Me....eee....EVAzord 01...even tripped and fell over like one...and the dancing...*groans*

...doughnuts...*shakes head*

PS: As long as Alpha 5 is from Edenoi...

It's morphin time! Dragonzord!
I'm currently working on a 3D printed green ranger fossilized power coin and golden Power Morpher as well as Zach's costume from the new Power Ranger movie as well as a male version of Rita's Green Ranger costume both of which are proving to be extremely hard to do but I won't stop until I'm done

Yeah I think I'll email a mod about this site making my antivirus go off...

But in any case, I loved this movie. I don't really have any complaints. I hope it makes enough for a sequel. I wonder how they'll incorporate elements of Dairanger, Kakuranger, and Ohranger...

The movie comes out on home video on June 27th.

utoCLxm.jpg
bsWJvLj.jpg
8X3f1cr.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_te_...ress-ve=1&ie=UTF8&qid=1493781524&lo=movies-tv

Target will be selling a store exclusive version, but details about it aren't yet known.

http://www.target.com/p/saban-s-power-rangers-target-exclusive-blu-ray-dvd-digital/-/A-52436760

Special features announced:

Blu-ray/4K UHD Combo Pack extras will include:
Audio Commentary with Director Dean Israelite and Writer John Gatins
The Power of the Present Documentary:
-Rangers Then to Now
-Building the Team
-Beyond the Rangers
-Suiting Up
-Rangers, Welcome to Training
-Rangers in the Wild
-It’s Morphin Time
-Power Ballad: Music and Sound
-This is Your Destiny
Deleted/Alternate/Extended Scenes
Outtakes
Theatrical Trailer with Audio Commentary by Director Dean Israelite

DVD extras will include:
Audio Commentary with Director Dean Israelite and Writer John Gatins
Deleted/Alternate/Extended Scenes
Outtakes

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/power-rangers2.html

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Ok, really late to be saying this, but I finally got a chance to watch the movie. They did a decent job- particularly with the characters (That includes Alpha, Zordon & Rita, for me.) I kind of wish Rita had stayed old & shriveled up, though, but the personality was perfect. Also, commentary says apparently the direction taken with Goldar was because he seemed too stereotypical & they wanted to do something else with him/ it. Kind of wonder where we're going with the sequel, but at least we know we're getting Tommy in some sort of recognizable form. The movie wasn't exactly perfect (besides the cast) but they did a good job. I have to commend them on that.

R

raden238

Yeah I'm very very late to the party, but I finally got a chance to watch the movie and here is my review:

It was good. It was better than the first two Power Rangers movies from the 90s. The plot was competent, characters were fleshed out and likable. The suit designs are cool. The zords, while looking like complete garbage as a Bandai toy, the cgi in the film was good. I still do not like the Megazord design but ehhh its ok.

Elizabeth Banks did a great job as Rita, it was so much fun seeing her going all crazy. Alpha 5 was good too and less annoying than the original one. I loved the little references, including the JDF, AJJ cameos, the zords running scene and hearing the 1995 cover of the theme song!

CONS: The cow joke at the beginning was trash and should of been taken out because it was not funny at all. Language was surprisingly tame for a pg-13 movies nowadays. Zordon was a bit of a dick in this film, they didn't give him the wise supporting mentor personality and instead was a discouraging almost asshole type guy. No action scenes until the last 20 minutes of the movie, which is surprising for a typical pg-13 scfi action movie that tries to cater to a wide range of audiences. NO BULK AND SKULL!!!

Overall the movie was fine, they played it safe with everything and dropped a lot of hints for future sequels that may or may not come. I was surprised that this movie only made 140.2 million. I was expecting Ninja Turtle numbers.

It was better than the first two Power Rangers movies from the 90s.

I think the Nostalgia Critic said something similar. Which brings me to something I always reply with... (BTW, Raden238, I'm not specifically calling you out or anything, I'm just making a point.)

I don't think it's fair to compare the 90's movies with this recent one. Clearly, those original movies were tie-in movies, bonus content made for the people who were currently enjoying the TV show, content that may or may not be canon but still features the actors and many other things from the TV show. Tokusatsu is no stranger to tie-in movies; Super Sentai and Kamen Rider have done the same thing for ages, though they usually keep the same suits from the show. Point is, the 90's movies were never meant to be an origin story, so they shouldn't be treated like stand alone pieces. This movie is a complete reboot that starts over from zero, so of course it's going to be an origin story. The only fair comparison would be this movie and the first episode of Mighty Morphin. I believe the Nostalgia Critic hates stuff like that because he wants movies to be stand alone (which is rather elitist of him), but I honestly see noting wrong with tie-in material. If it was meant to be supplemental material for an all ready established show or property, for an audience that all ready exists, then the only real problem would be if the movie is so bad that it alienates the audience being targeted. But if you can watch or absorb the tie-in movie, there should be no reason why you can't watch at least a few episodes of the TV show.

S

scikaiju

Finally got around to watching it. It was... decent. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad either. I was entertained, so there's that. And there were a couple of groan inducing moments. The dancing comes to mind. But there were more posatives than negatives. I like how they had to learn to be a team first, and learn to be friends. And each of them had a thing that lind of defined how they acted, like Zach and his mom, and help them grow into the Rangers. Still not a fan of the Megazord design, even after seeing it in motion.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Alpha 5 was good too and less annoying than the original one.

Lol. That was actually pretty close. Check out the deleted scenes to hear Alpha ask constant questions that it seems like he ought to already know in the context of this movie. Honestly, I think they were really trying hard to balance him out, because he almost ruined so many shots (even if he said exactly what I said in the last one. Best deleted scene ever.). Plus, there's an even better Jason David Frank/ original Kimberly cameo from earlier in the movie that they cut out. I didn't realize it until after I saw that, but she was also in that final shot that JDF was in.

The only thing that is really worrying me about a sequel is how they plan to make Evil Green Ranger make sense & be compelling, since they now have to work around how the morphing powers function. I think they can probably pull it off, though. I am near to exploding with ideas as to how I would write the first sequel, though.