Shout! Factory Obtains Saban License- Power Rangers Seasons on DVD!

The Cookie Man!
I already have MMPR Season 1 (complete), MMPR Season 2 vol 1 & 2, MMPR Season 3, MMAR arc, Zeo vol 1 & 2, Turbo vol 1 & 2, In Space vol 1 & 2, Lost Galaxy, Lightspeed Rescue, Time Force, Wild Force and Ninja Storm. Do plan to get Dino Thunder & SPD. I had thought about skipping Mystic Force, OO (definately a skipper for sure), JF and RPM.

I only forgotten that the bonuses DVDs only comes with the series sets. I kinda wonder if Shout! Factory will release the the bonus verses DVDs from those series sets seperately or in a in a case set together in the near future? Normally I never watch all bonus features in tv shows or movies...just a few of them that interest me.

On Amazon.ca, all each individual seasons were somewhere between 20 to 25 dollars. Of course, the shipping costs is added anyways. The series sets are so expensive so I guess I did made the right choice to get the individual seasons without being able to have any bonus features DVDs.

I only forgotten that the bonuses DVDs only comes with the series sets. I kinda wonder if Shout! Factory will release the the bonus verses DVDs from those series sets seperately or in a in a case set together in the near future?

I doubt they'd do that. I've never heard of other studios putting out DVDs that consist solely of bonus features from main DVD/Blu-ray titles.

The Cookie Man!
True...they never do anyways.

Are the PR bonus features necessary to watch? If fans like me, don't buy the series sets and stick with the individual series (as they are cheaper to buy), no big loss if we don't get to watch any PR bonus features?

What I should of done was...instead of buying the individual seasons, I could have increased my amazon gift card balance more (up to 300 or 400) and then start ordering the first series set, and then the 2nd series set. After that, increase the gift card balance more again and then order the 3rd series set (this one is like $161) and then order the 4th series after including the gift card balance again. Wasn't thinking hard of enough before I ordered the first season. Oh well lol

If your wondering when I started ordering the individual seasons, it was in fall 2015

True...they never do anyways.

Are the PR bonus features necessary to watch?

They don't add anything to the story. Some are interviews that have actors, crew members, and fans talking about the show. Then there are those direct-to-video releases, TV specials, and promos. Special features from the DVDs that Disney put out are even on Shout! Factory's DVDs. If you're into that sort of thing, by all means, give it a go.

Shout! Factory now tells us what episodes the Best of Blue DVD will have. First of all, it'll have six episodes and they're all from MMPR, and not from different seasons like the Walmart listing states.

Peace, Love and Woe
Dark Warrior
Switching Places
Something Fishy
Grumble Bee
Blue Ranger Gone Bad

It'll also have an interview with David Yost as a special feature, which is most likely a conglomerate of select snippets of his interviews from the box sets.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShoutFactory/status/818637964313915393?p=p

Since the Best of Blue release would have an interview with David Yost on it, I figured I'd get it to make comparisons to the interviews on the box sets. Before I go into that though, I'll just show some pictures first.

We've already seen the cover art, but this one also has a label. It incorrectly mentions having five episodes when it really has six. That Walmart listing said it would have an episode from five different seasons, but that may or may not have anything to do with the label saying five.

Rear cover art.

Inner casing art. You'd probably expect to see the episode listing inside like how the other sets did, but they mention all the episodes on the back anyway.

Disc art.

The interview runs for about 12 minutes. Just like I thought it might, it takes bits from the interviews in which David Yost took part from the first two box sets. It uses snippets from "Morphin Time! A Look Back at MMPR" and "A Morphenomenal Cast: A Look Inside Becoming a Power Ranger" from the MMPR set, and "Behind the Mask: Celebrating the Stunt Team" from the seasons 4-7 set. There are extended versions of the David Yost bits from those features, and other stuff that didn't make it into the features as seen in their box sets. It also has bits from casting director Katy Wallin, Tony Oliver, Walter Jones, and Jason David Frank from the Morphenomenal Cast feature, where they talked about David Yost.