D

Dr Kain

So we watched episodes 3 and 4 last night. Except for Alice's continued lack of emotion (seriously, does she not have an acting coach to help her in this show?) and having Rekka back, they were good. My g/f got annoyed though because when the sister pulled out the fairy I kept screaming, "Hey, Listen! Hey, Listen! Hey, Listen! Hey, Listen!" repeatedly. the choreography and music continue to impress. In fact, the music was down right amazing in these two episodes. I do have the say that the gun horror fight felt really short to me. Not Ryuga short, but short enough. What the bar owner said about Rei having two armors makes a lot of sense and also explains Kouga's lack of enthusiasm (and why lunch with Kaoru seemed to be just as important as marriage). The Dragon Knight was pretty badass, but can someone tell me what the kanji read when he transformed since Over-Time didn't sub it?

My joy at seeing that OverTime have already subbed episode five has been rather dampened by the way Alice spends the entire episode being predictably and frustratingly idiotic. :shakefist

S

scikaiju

Interesting episode I guess. We get a bit more of Alice's backstory. Kinda felt a bit let down that she knew about horrors only because she was studying about the mysterious egg from her youth. But I guess it makes sense she was a n outsider who something that attracted her attention from an early age, I was hoping for something with a little more oomph though. Not sure what exactly but a little more than "Found it in a book". Did like the plot with the statue though and the twist at the end. Although he has to protect her now it is a little weird seeing Rei going a bit down the route Kouga did. Not sure if him and Alice are going to be the next Kouga and Karou but maybe it'll let Rei open up his secondary armor, so to speak, at some point.

D

Dr Kain

We watched the fifth episode tonight and can I said that Alice's character just keeps getting worse with every episode? Her entire reason for wanting to find the egg was because she came across it as a child? You have got to be freaking kidding me!! That is the most shallow, uninspiring reasoning ever. She just set female characters back 40 years. Even Fuji in the original Ultraman has more personality than her and Fuji is as deep as a sheet of paper.

This episode was easily the worst of the show. We barely had any action. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that fight between Zero and the Horror was the most epic battle in the entire Garo universe that we never got to see. I would have rather watched him fight that over watching Alice talk to the bar tender.

Oh, and what is even worse is the child that played young Alice had far more emotion and personality than her actress.

You know it's at times such as these - as I watch the newest Makai Priest wipe creamy mashed potato from her lips and run over to smell her co-star's boobs - that it occurs to me that Keita Amemiya might just be a pervy old man who has come up with a way to surround himself with young women wearing tight leather and get them to do things that feed into his fantasies :eyebrow:

S

scikaiju

So magic has a smell apparently, they made that a thing. Okay then.

Well as episode go it was a bit of a breather until the action starts up again, That can be a good thing I guess, especially since it looks like they're going big in the next one based on the preview. Kagome's backstory was pretty good, although I am wondering if her brother wanted her to get stronger more than she did. and apparently she's not use to people calling her pretty. seems like a weird character trait to me(and I realize I'm probably not using the right word there, it was the only thing I could thing of). Although right Kagome does sort of remind me of how Rekka was when we first met her, just in her determination, or single mindedness depending on how you want to look at it, to get what she wants, no matter the consequence. I wouldn't be surprise, if she survives the series, if Rekka doesn't take her under her wing like Jabi did her.

S

scikaiju

Yup all action episode after the previous one. Little shocked by the ending though, trying to remain spoiler free here, I'm pretty sure the show's not over yet so there will probably be a twist at some point near the end, maybe even the next episode. Speaking of, looks like they might be going more into Alice's background a bit more if I'm understanding the preview right. Oh and hopefully the beginning is the closest we get to a flashback episode with the series being so short.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
The heavy pushing of Alice/Rei really grosses me out, seeing high school aged girls paired with adult men turns my stomach. At least Kaoru was an adult. I guess conversely Makai Retsuden hinted at Jabi/Tsubasa where Jabi's actor is visibly the older of the two, but still, it heavily puts me off the series (and Alice not being very well acted doesn't help)

How long is the series? It's only 12 episodes rather than the usual 25, right? (IIRC it was supposed to air last year after Makai Retsuden meaning the two shows together would've been the length of one regular TV series?)

S

scikaiju

The heavy pushing of Alice/Rei really grosses me out, seeing high school aged girls paired with adult men turns my stomach. At least Kaoru was an adult. I guess conversely Makai Retsuden hinted at Jabi/Tsubasa where Jabi's actor is visibly the older of the two, but still, it heavily puts me off the series (and Alice not being very well acted doesn't help)

How long is the series? It's only 12 episodes rather than the usual 25, right? (IIRC it was supposed to air last year after Makai Retsuden meaning the two shows together would've been the length of one regular TV series?)

Have they said how old Alice is supposed to be? I know she looks young but I took her to be in her early 20s at least. Although honestly I'm kinda of hoping there's a bait and switch and Rei and Rekka end up getting together personally. There's been a couple scenes with them so far, art least to me any way, that that sort of suggest something might be there.

And I thought it was supposed to be like 13 episodes.