so how many Rangers will this season have?
I want to guess 12, because of the 12 Zodiac Constellations.
Or 13 because Silver's Constellation is the unofficial 13th.
Hopefully we get more females, because is too much of a sausage fest already, because why couldn't they make Skyblue female?
Here's hoping.

Mad Skillz
This isn't a zodiac Sentai, it's a constellation Sentai.

Toei actually mentioned on their site the team as inspired by the Japanese national soccer team. Going on that, I think we're going to have between 14 or 15 rangers on the team. (a soccer team is 11 players plus 3 subs, so that takes you to 14 unless RyuuCommander counts more as a coach, then 15)

I just watched the first ep raw, it's everything I expected.

Them traveling around to different planets in space, battling the evil forces of Jark Matter.

I really hope they stay space bound and not visit Earth very often.

There are so many Planets in the Super Sentai / Kamen Rider / Toku Universe.

It'd be nice to explore more of them.

For those who haven't heard, OverTime have confirmed that they will be subbing Kyuranger.
I really hope they stay space bound and not visit Earth very often.
The only problem is do they have the budget to do that? It's more expensive to create alien locations than to film in real ones as Sentai usually does. They could easily fall into the Classic Doctor Who trap, where every alien world looks suspiciously like a quarry.

The Cookie Man!
so how many Rangers will this season have?
I want to guess 12, because of the 12 Zodiac Constellations.
Or 13 because Silver's Constellation is the unofficial 13th.
Hopefully we get more females, because is too much of a sausage fest already, because why couldn't they make Skyblue female?
Here's hoping.

This is a space/constellation series based on the 88 modern constellations. Don't forget that the 9 rangers are not all zodiac by the way. There are 8 type of families (zodiac is one of them) for the 88 constellations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/88_modern_constellations

Perhaps some years down the road, if we were to get a space/constellation motif again....it would be for zodiac only or have one for the the animal based constellations (as there are 42).

Kyuranger's raw OP:

[video=youtube;ouEsNTTC6Z0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouEsNTTC6Z0[/video]​

...and the ED (which already seems to be becoming somewhat infamous):

[video=youtube;fQQARwYxkH0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQQARwYxkH0[/video]​

Aw yeah, check those awkward tempo changes!

Last edited:
I liked him when he wasn't a god
Who the hell pitched the choreography for an ED consisting almost entirely of the cast thrusting their crotches and wiggling their arses?

For a show that's trying all these new things, couldn't they have gotten rid of the dancing ED credits? Even ToQger could do that.

On the plus side, the ED song isn't too bad. It reminds me of the 70s Sentai songs.

Some kind of Beast mode
The opening credit visuals aren't as creative as I would have hoped. Whenever looking at the camera is involved it just seems to limit what they can do. As expected I very much like the song though.

The ending is weird AF, I will be skipping it with no hesitation for as long as I keep watching this show.