The History of the Power Rangers - Discussion Thread

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Showa Rider series are usually better than the Heisei ones usually by the default fact they stick to their genres.

Linkara has tentatively named April 27th as the release date for the Dino Charge episode.

Linkara mentioned on his twitter that he's "revising" the episode on Turbo. Is that out yet?

(I joked that I sooo want to Patreon him into watching Carranger because I imagine he'll either love it or really hate it, either way it would be awesome).

(Carranger is the best)

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Honestly, it'd be great to have him do videos on any Sentai. A lot of the newer ones, I can understand his reaction, but this show is just so ripe for a review, one way or the other.

Yeah he even ended the Gokaiger review by saying that even though he enjoyed what he saw and might consider watching more of Gokaiger in his spare time in the future it wouldn't be reviewed, in part because in his opinion Toei are even more gung-ho about getting Sentai content removed from youtube than Saban are for Power Rangers.

One of the stretch goals on his Patreon is to look at the other Saban adaptations so if he goes beyond PR it's to those.

Did he stated why he had no interest in watching Super Sentai?

It's just his personal bias. He grew up with Power Rangers, not Super Sentai, so he prefers to stick with what he knows best. He's also stated that he never feels adequate reviewing stuff from Japan, including manga, because he isn't Japanese. Because you know, the cultural stuff might fly over his head and the people leaving comments might recognize more than he ever can in one review, etc. Granted, he has bent that rule and talked about certain manga before, but the reluctance is still there.

Last edited: