Power Rangers movie #3 - Coming Soon to a Theater Near You

Exaaactly. But I guess that's partially on me for expecting Saban to be in proper form after so many years being out of the game.
I did like Mystic Force, but I feel it misses the family dynamic of Magiranger and furthermore, the whole "Your parents are special, and so are you" plot wore thin on me. I'd rather him not being related and it's this obsession of Koragg that he's this son that didn't die during birth. The other characters save for Smokey and their version of MagiGold were good.

I'd also like theme music akin to the past, both in the movie and show. Today's shows are just bland and lack personality

[HIDE]My idea for Samurai would've been basically Power Rangers: Samurai Typhoon, a series that's more or less a sequel of Ninja Storm or its own thing. Considering the hierarchy of ninja to samurai, their underlings would come from flunkies of the the Wind or Thunder academies and the new enemy is a relative to NS's Lothor. While there's a few odes to older shows, it sticks to its own world where they posit that the Power Rangers aren't really real, which is due to the Silver Guardians and the Shiba clan cleaning that up. This season as I'm writing would basically deal with setting up SPD's season by having a few choice aliens along the ride while some of the villains are now extraterrestrial. And I like Amit's idea of making the Red Ranger actually Japanese because it makes the most sense.

As it's own thing? It's Mighty Morphin', but with samurai zords. Throwbacks to the original morphing call and order [which means the morphers are axed in turn of using something reminiscent of MMPR] and its high school setting are in place. Essentially, much of the first episode of Shinkenger [namely the intro of Red and fighting to the theme] is passed off as the previous Red or the second one. I didn't think of the characters, but they're sort of like Dino Thunder and MMPR.[/HIDE]

Aaaaaanyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kIe6UZHSXw

The trailer isn't too shabby. Zordon looks cool, Alpha sounds all right, but I'm still unsure about the zords though. I'd still wait out the Blu-ray, but I'd actually buy it on principle alone.

Actually everything about this trailer took me from cautiously optimistic to I've got to see it opening night. To each his/her own, but I like it.

Some kind of Beast mode
I do miss the Zordon era... Say what you will about the cheesiness or the campiness, the show still had a charm back then and made up for its short coming with so many other things. There was character development; because we really did watch these characters grow up and move on to new parts of their lives. And most of the time, there were soundtracks! Vocal soundtracks with plenty of songs to enjoy. The amount of production they put in, especially during the MMPR days, could have easily rivaled whatever was happening in Sentai at the time.

How long has it been since we had that? How long has it been since the Opening Theme in Power Rangers had a full version? How long has it been since there was a new vocal song for the fight scenes or the Megazord scenes? How long has it been since the sixth Ranger had their own vocal theme song? Answer: Too long.

I'd really like this movie to try and do the same. Even the original MMPR movie and the Turbo movie were smart enough to have soundtracks and throw some (if not all) of those songs into the movie itself. I hope this new movie follows that example and actually tries to inject some fun, feel-good music. This is Power Rangers we're talking about; rainbow colored super heroes with giant, combining robots. A theme song and battle music is fine, but the experience should still be fun! A fun experience can make people forgive or ignore some of the weirder creative decisions a movie makes, like ugly CGI vomit they call Zords.

I did like Mystic Force, but I feel it misses the family dynamic of Magiranger and furthermore, the whole "Your parents are special, and so are you" plot wore thin on me. I'd rather him not being related and it's this obsession of Koragg that he's this son that didn't die during birth. The other characters save for Smokey and their version of MagiGold were good.

I'd also like theme music akin to the past, both in the movie and show. Today's shows are just bland and lack personality

[HIDE]My idea for Samurai would've been basically Power Rangers: Samurai Typhoon, a series that's more or less a sequel of Ninja Storm or its own thing. Considering the hierarchy of ninja to samurai, their underlings would come from flunkies of the the Wind or Thunder academies and the new enemy is a relative to NS's Lothor. While there's a few odes to older shows, it sticks to its own world where they posit that the Power Rangers aren't really real, which is due to the Silver Guardians and the Shiba clan cleaning that up. This season as I'm writing would basically deal with setting up SPD's season by having a few choice aliens along the ride while some of the villains are now extraterrestrial. And I like Amit's idea of making the Red Ranger actually Japanese because it makes the most sense.

As it's own thing? It's Mighty Morphin', but with samurai zords. Throwbacks to the original morphing call and order [which means the morphers are axed in turn of using something reminiscent of MMPR] and its high school setting are in place. Essentially, much of the first episode of Shinkenger [namely the intro of Red and fighting to the theme] is passed off as the previous Red or the second one. I didn't think of the characters, but they're sort of like Dino Thunder and MMPR.[/HIDE]

Basically all of this, especially the bolded. There are slight things I'm not feeling in your fanfic BidDog, but as usual your stories are pretty inspired.

Aaaaaanyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kIe6UZHSXw

The trailer isn't too shabby. Zordon looks cool, Alpha sounds all right, but I'm still unsure about the zords though. I'd still wait out the Blu-ray, but I'd actually buy it on principle alone.

What I know I like 100% is Bryan Cranston saying "Power Rangers" and power ranger things, good gawd his cadence is exactly what I expected.

Everything is honestly up in the air. The suits are still weird, but they may move nicely. The mechs are still weird, but subtle things like getting into the cockpit and having a visceral feeling of riding one might be awesome. The putties look kind of generic, and their cgi is a bit off, but they could pose a threat.

A 100% negative for me is Goldar, but it isn't deterring me from seeing the movie. So the movie is still a mystery to me, but not in a good way, but also not completely in a bad way. I just have to watch this damn thing so my mind can feel at is. LOL

Well... New trailer!

I think they nailed it with Zordon and Alpha. But it's hard to enjoy the better parts of the trailer when you have things like race jokes and drug jokes weighing it down... Also, I get the sneaking suspicion that we're not going to see the Megazord combine. Somehow, I feel like the Zords are going to travel off screen, then the Megazord is going to rise up above the buildings like we are seeing in this trailer. Calling it right now!

And yes, I do see the irony in what I said earlier about the music. I swear, if they actually put "Power" by Kanye West in the soundtrack...

R

raden238

Trailer 2 is much better than the first one. A few takeaways from the trailer.

PROS: Loved that they showed us more of the Rangers, Zordon, Alpha and Rita. This is what Power Rangers is about. The first trailer did not feel at all like Power Rangers. So I'm glad the producers figured it out. The ranger suits, fights, jokes, Zord VFX effects are great. The effects are straight up Pacific-Rim-esqe, which everyone expected. So hopefully we get a good long fight and they don't run out of budget money for the fight.

CONS: Heisenberg Zordon looks like ****. I couldn't believe they manage to make the tv Zordon look better, but he does. Goldar's design looks horrible. I never understand why the producers took him so literal. Everybody remembers Goldar as a griffin monkey with wings. Who the hell remembers him for being gold? Zords design are still bad but whatever. My opinion of these might change, once I see the movie.

Overall, I think this trailer makes me optimistic of the movie. Even though trailers are still deceptive nowadays in terms of the movie tone. If this movie can capture the perfect balance of cheesy jokes with a little dash of seriousness to cater to the mainstream. We might see a trilogy for this.

I don't know... the choice of music alone is a bit of a turn-off. Some of the jokes are the typical drivel I've seen in most movies over recent years. The main plus is the special effects. If anything, I might just get the DVD.

It's morphin time! Dragonzord!
I don't mean to sound rude or anything but some common writer should already have that design aesthetic or at least quality I would say blade Kiva even hibiki for being a kind of out there type of Rider show